FS: KoAloha Special Issue Longneck Soprano - Cedar & Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafterGirl

Reaction score
2015 KoAloha KSM-02SI Cedar & Koa Special Issue longneck soprano for sale. Purchased about 6 months ago from a private seller on Reverb. The neck block does not have a date stamp, so I contacted KoAloha directly to confirm the ukulele's pedigree. They don't date stamp the special issue ukuleles, as they are one offs. They confirmed the following specs......Port Orford cedar top. Koa back & sides. Koa fret board. Mango markers. Mahogany neck. Koa bridge. May have come from Ukulele Lab originally, but not sure.

This is a lovely ukulele, with a wonderful cedar aroma every time you open the case. It came to me in excellent condition, but has acquired a noticeable ding on the top lower bout. I have no idea how or when this happened. There is a tiny strum mark on the upper bout. I have made 3 changes since I got this ukulele. I switched out the friction tuners for UPT tuners, added Waverly tortoise strap buttons, and changed to Worth Brown strings. The uke has always been kept in the Cross Rock hard case with a humidifier. It has that typical KoAloha soprano sound, with a bit of extra warmth from the cedar top. Soprano body & concert scale neck. I'm selling it to fund another purchase.

Price includes the Cross Rock hard case, and shipping. CONUS only. Paypal for payment. Asking $650. Please PM me with interest or questions.

Pictures are both recent & from when I first got it.

Attachments

• DSCF1843.jpg
    DSCF1843.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF1748.jpg
    DSCF1748.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1749.jpg
    DSCF1749.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1750.jpg
    DSCF1750.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
More pictures. Last two pictures show the new Gotoh UPT tuners & the unfortunate ding.

Attachments

• DSCF1763.jpg
    DSCF1763.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF1775.jpg
    DSCF1775.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF1839.jpg
    DSCF1839.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF1829.jpg
    DSCF1829.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 110
The first question that pops in my mind is..........what instrument are you looking to fund? You've got exquisite taste in ukuleles:D

A unique uke. Very nice looking. Combined with the trademark Ko'Aloha sound.

I'll take those Gotoh UPTs over friction tuners any day.

I'm strictly tenors. Best of luck with the sale. It should go quickly.

Price drop

No interest so far. I’ve dropped the price a little. $650.

I've decided to hang on to this ukulele for a bit. Maybe re-post at a later time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom