Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ohana BKT.

Default New Ohana BKT.

Just played the new Ohana baritone body and tenor neck ukulele.
    Beautiful ukulele and with a great matching sound. Not crazy about the Aquila’s, but that is an easy fix.
    Keep Strummin'

Re. BKT-70G: if you were to convert it to a baritone SCALE, low D, what strings would you use?

Kerrville, TX - Heart of the Fabulous Texas Hill Country

I just ordered the BKT 250G. I like the Bari sound, but my poor old arthritic fingers need the shorter scale length. In fact, I wish someone made a nice Tenor sized body with a Concert scale length neck. If I can remember, I'll post a review after I've had the instrument for a while.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    I wish someone made a nice Tenor sized body with a Concert scale length neck..
    I bet Bonanza could make you one
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Flea soprano, C LW
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127

!Flukutronic!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    I just ordered the BKT 250G. I like the Bari sound, but my poor old arthritic fingers need the shorter scale length. In fact, I wish someone made a nice Tenor sized body with a Concert scale length neck. If I can remember, I'll post a review after I've had the instrument for a while.
    Your wish is readily realised by Romero Creation Daniel Ho ST concert. It’s concert scale length with a tenor body at an overall length of a soprano. There’s plenty of high end solid wood models to chose but I just link the laminated one which cost about $269 now at Uke Republic.
    https://www.romerocreations.com/ukepack
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Hi Vegas George... if you decide that the BKT-70G won’t work for you, let me know; for a good price I’ll buy it from you! It appears that some tenor scale Ukes are harder to convert to baritone tuning then others which is why I would get it. At least that’s been my experience.

There seems to be some confusion on this Uke. It is a baritone body and a tenor (17in. scale) neck.
    It is made to be tuned GCEA. You may be able to tune it to a re-entrant dgbe, but I don’t believe you can get a low d.
    If you want baritone tuning, buy a baritone.
    Keep Strummin'

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hanks View Post
    I bet Bonanza could make you one
    Bonanza built a baritone body Tenor scale Oreo for us. My grandson loves, loves it.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SailingUke View Post
    There seems to be some confusion on this Uke. It is a baritone body and a tenor (17in. scale) neck.
    It is made to be tuned GCEA. You may be able to tune it to a re-entrant dgbe, but I don’t believe you can get a low d.
    If you want baritone tuning, buy a baritone.
    We have the BKT 250g because I find a baritone hard to play with it's longer fret distance, etc. The Ohana has a very deep body and for me has it's own challenges when strumming. It does have a very rich sound.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

You could put Chee Maisel Baritone Strings on the BKT as it has tenor scale but Baritone body. I have a custom Moodyville Gypsy ukulele that is like that . Bigger body gives it great tone, projection and volume.

Go the Chee Maisel sight. They developed this set of string so they could travel with tenors but still have a complementary and different sound when playing two tenors together. It works great for that. Clips show Sarah playing normal low or high g tenor and Craig using the Baritone Strings.

Not sure if this helps but cool option out there.

My take on BKT is just a bigger volume body for sound on a standard tenor scale.

Hope this helps

Thread Information