Stu Fuchs Books

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This was referenced in another thread, so I am expanding it here.

I see that Stu Fuchs has two "Ukulele Method Books" and video courses available for $24.00 each. One is Uke-a-Billy, and the other is Ukulele Chord Solos. Do any of you have experience with either of these? He also has individual song instruction for $4.00

https://stufuchs.com/store

I wonder if he'll have print versions at UkeFest VA? I'll be there in Nov. if you feel like waiting that long.

I wonder if he'll have print versions at UkeFest VA? I'll be there in Nov. if you feel like waiting that long.

I emailed him and his response was that they were currently only on PDFs but his future works may come with a printed option. I just purchased the Rockabilly book and the value is actually in the accompanying video. The book really is supplemental to the videos in importance.

It's funny, but my question was more or less answered in another thread. Someone recommended his Uke-abilly course ($24). There are 36 pages you download and 18 videos to watch on YouTube. I got it yesterday. Naturally, it looks good, but it's not for someone who just picked up a uke for the first time.

He offers so many courses that he'd need a large truck to bring several copies of everything with him.

I printed the pdf book I bought from Stu and took it to a local print shop to be spiral bound. I now have quite a collection of uke material done up in this manner. Highly recommended, as the spiral binding is much nicer than a normally printed music book.

Naturally, it looks good, but it's not for someone who just picked up a uke for the first time.

Thanks for posting this. There is a ton of instructional material out there, and it is often hard to tell the target skill level without buying it.

I printed the pdf book I bought from Stu and took it to a local print shop to be spiral bound. I now have quite a collection of uke material done up in this manner. Highly recommended, as the spiral binding is much nicer than a normally printed music book.

Yes, binding makes all the difference. I have what they call a "comb" binder, not quite as good as spiral, but more affordable.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=comb+binder&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Top Bottom