NUD: Cordoba Bamboo Soprano

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, during a discussion of the Martin OX Bamboo, someone told me that there was a Cordoba bamboo uke for sale on Reverb. How could I resist? Obviously, I couldn't. Using the slowest delivery service available, :wallbash: it took fifteen days to travel from CA to NY. It arrived in one of those basic yellow hard cases, so for $129, I think I got a good deal.

The is a nice little soprano, and it looks brand new. Except for the tuners and the strings, it is all bamboo, with a compound curve to the back. The sound and sustain are very nice. I don't know what kind of strings it has, but I see no reason to change them.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

Does an all bamboo ukulele like this need humidity care like other solid woods?

That looks like a nice little uke for the money.

John Colter

Cool soprano. Love to hear what it sounds like.

Is it light?

Does an all bamboo ukulele like this need humidity care like other solid woods?

I suppose anything is going to react badly to extremes of temperature and humidity, but if I can survive in my house, I bet this uke can, too.

Since it's bamboo, I wonder if it can double as a fishing pole. :D

Cool soprano. Love to hear what it sounds like.

Is it light?

It sounds like a ukulele. : ) No one is going to prefer the sound over a Hawaiian K, but it sounds fine to me. Bamboo is very tough, so I don't expect it to get scratched easily.

When I was a kid, I lived near the water, and bamboo fishing poles were standard gear.

My grandfather lived near a crick (creek to some of you). And the neighbor had a big pond in back. Worms and the bamboo pole was how I learned.

I hear the Mayberry RFD/Andy Griffith theme song: "The Fishin' Hole" being whistled now...

Top Bottom