Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Happy

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    I'm struggling with a soprano that is giving me problems it hasn't gone together as it should (My fault I suppose ).. The tone and playability is great but! the sound hole is off centre and the headstock has a twist...In fact I'm going through a bad patch at the moment and thinking of retiring from build em.

Question what will I do with it ? 1 sell it as a second ?..2 scrap it or burn it ? .. 3 try and fix it ?.. 4 give it away ?.
    # 3 is out for a start co's it would involve as much work as making a new one....Suggestions please

Give it awy to me.........for free

Quote Originally Posted by PetalumaRescuke View Post
    Save it for a Guy Fawkes bonfire.
    Or Halloween..When we leave the EU....err Maybe ...who knows
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Take the name off and give it to a kid. They'll have fun with it and you "name" probably won't mean much to them anyway (nothing personal)

Quote Originally Posted by kerneltime View Post
    Ken, I just sent a message.. I play your ukes for the sound and not the looks, more than happy to give it a happy home vs a pit of fire..
    Let me know how much you would want for it.
    That would seem a fair way forward to me. A KT 2nd has a value. Mark up the label, take the money and look happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DPO View Post
    Not sure that a Hawaiian Goddess would have much influence in the NE of the UK.
    Wot? They don't have any bleedin' volcanos in the UK? Well blimey! Bugger that!

Burn it Ken... Burn it. burning uke.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    Wot? They don't have any bleedin' volcanos in the UK? Well blimey! Bugger that!

Burn it Ken... Burn it. burning uke.jpg
    That looks like Burning Uke 1. the only one where they burnt it vertical.

"Wot? They don't have any bleedin' volcanoes in the UK? Well blimey! Bugger that!"

No volcanoes but many years ago, I was awoken one night by an earthquake. The epicenter was about ten miles away, at great depth. It dislodged a couple of chimney pots, as I recall.

John Colter

Anyway I strung it up and gave it a test... altho the construction is a bit off ... It sounds very good, and is easy to play with an action of approx: 2.8mm at the 12th fret..Here is my attempt at "I'll see you in my dreams" chords (from memory)...Ill take a few pics and put it up for auction later.
    SOUND VID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyC_x_I0WU8

IMG_4463 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    Last edited by Timbuck; 09-21-2019 at 05:11 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    Anyway I strung it up and gave it a test... altho the construction is a bit off ... It sounds very good, and is easy to play with an action of approx: 2.8mm at the 12th fret..Here is my attempt at "I'll see you in my dreams" chords (from memory)...Ill take a few pics and put it up for auction later.
    SOUND VID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyC_x_I0WU8

IMG_4463 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    Looks and sounds great, Tim!

It looks WAY TOO GOOD for a sacrifice.
    " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating "
    " I'm no luthier but ,........"

Thread Information