Not Happy

I'm struggling with a soprano that is giving me problems it hasn't gone together as it should (My fault I suppose :( ).. The tone and playability is great but! the sound hole is off centre and the headstock has a twist...In fact I'm going through a bad patch at the moment and thinking of retiring from build em.

Question what will I do with it ? 1 sell it as a second ?..2 scrap it or burn it ? .. 3 try and fix it ?.. 4 give it away ?.
# 3 is out for a start co's it would involve as much work as making a new one....Suggestions please :confused:

Give it awy to me.........for free :)

Take the name off and give it to a kid. They'll have fun with it and you "name" probably won't mean much to them anyway (nothing personal)

Ken, I just sent a message.. I play your ukes for the sound and not the looks, more than happy to give it a happy home vs a pit of fire..
Let me know how much you would want for it.

That would seem a fair way forward to me. A KT 2nd has a value. Mark up the label, take the money and look happy. :)

"Wot? They don't have any bleedin' volcanoes in the UK? Well blimey! Bugger that!"

No volcanoes but many years ago, I was awoken one night by an earthquake. The epicenter was about ten miles away, at great depth. It dislodged a couple of chimney pots, as I recall.:)

John Colter

Anyway I strung it up and gave it a test... altho the construction is a bit off ... It sounds very good, and is easy to play with an action of approx: 2.8mm at the 12th fret..Here is my attempt at "I'll see you in my dreams" chords (from memory:))...Ill take a few pics and put it up for auction later.
SOUND VID https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyC_x_I0WU8

IMG_4463 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Last edited:
Top Bottom