FREE! Hard Side wood Concert sized ukulele case in Black

ghostrdr

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! People like free -

I have a wood Concert-sized ukulele case in black. It is made of wood and I think the exterior is some type of faux leather or black textured material of some sort.

the inside is lined with black fuzzy lining and there is a small accessory pocket under the neck.

It's actually a pretty nice case in good shape, EXCEPT, there is an off-gassing glue smell in the case.

I got the case years ago with the purchase of a concert. I tried a few things, including leaving the case outside for a few days, and yet, the smell is still there when I open the case, years later. I'm pretty sensitive to smells, and so, for me, it's got to go. Maybe you can save it and save yourself the cost of a hard case. I've already moved on and it is just sitting empty and unused.

If you want it, it's yours. I live and work in Orange County, CA.

I am 90% going to the LA Ukulele festival in a few weeks. if you are going there, I could maybe meet up with you.

I would be willing to ship it, but you would have to pay for the shipping costs and PayPal fees - so I don't know if it is worth that.

If I have no takers by the end of the Ukulele festival in LA, I'll probably donate or trash it.

Cheers!
Rich

I will be coming to the festival too Rich!

It would be nice to meet you and know someone while I am there! And of course I could take that smelly case off your hands!

Hi Everyone! People like free -

I have a wood Concert-sized ukulele case in black. It is made of wood and I think the exterior is some type of faux leather or black textured material of some sort.

the inside is lined with black fuzzy lining and there is a small accessory pocket under the neck.

It's actually a pretty nice case in good shape, EXCEPT, there is an off-gassing glue smell in the case.

I got the case years ago with the purchase of a concert. I tried a few things, including leaving the case outside for a few days, and yet, the smell is still there when I open the case, years later. I'm pretty sensitive to smells, and so, for me, it's got to go. Maybe you can save it and save yourself the cost of a hard case. I've already moved on and it is just sitting empty and unused.

If you want it, it's yours. I live and work in Orange County, CA.

I am 90% going to the LA Ukulele festival in a few weeks. if you are going there, I could maybe meet up with you.

I would be willing to ship it, but you would have to pay for the shipping costs and PayPal fees - so I don't know if it is worth that.

If I have no takers by the end of the Ukulele festival in LA, I'll probably donate or trash it.

Cheers!
Rich

It's not by chance a Glarry is it? I bought one because it's the only thing that will fit my banjo uke with the 10" pot. The uke was built for about $50, so it's not worth sinking $90 for a better case. I've been hoping to drive the smell out of it too. I only use it to transport the uke and never leave it in it because I don't want the smell to transfer. I'd use a gig bag, but the floating bridge would move all over the place and it's using a hand drum as a pot. Not great for transport on a moped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom