Farnham, England.

John Colter

It ain't what you've got, it's what you do with it
UU VIP
Reaction score
There's a get together for all ukers on Sunday 14th June at The Slug & Lettuce in the centre of Farnham. There was a trial run earlier this year and eight turned up. We're hoping for more this time. The usual stuff. Socializing, strumming, "Show me yours, and I'll show you mine" (ukes - usually).

Kick-off around noon, knock-off around 4pm, or whenever.

It's next to a long stay car park (£2 for 4 hours), and the S & L serves good food and drink (Slugs are optional).

Come along and see what it's all about. The organiser is a delightful young lass called Clare, but I'll be there also, so it's not all good news.

See you there?

Ukantor.

thats right near me . about 5 miles
but i think i am playing that day , i'll let you know

ever thought about starting a regular jam night in our area, i would be up for helping out with the organising

i have experience in hosting jam / open mic nights

the lion brewery in ash has a free function room

Hi Krabbers,

I don't live in that area, I'm up in the West Midlands, but I'll be staying over Saturday night at a friend's place nearby, and nipping over to Farnham together.

Clare has the local connection, and I expect most of the others will be from the surrounding area. I hope you might be able to get there:shaka:

Ukantor.

is this this happening?

i'll come over and have a look

let me know if any stuff is needed ie stands and things

Hi Krabbers,

Yes the get-together is on. Nothing special is needed - just yourself and a uke or three. It is very informal. By all means use a stand if it helps, but we'll mostly be sitting at tables.

There hasn't been much of a response on Underground and Cosmos, but I know of six people who intend to be there. I look forward to meeting you. I'll be the Old Git wearing a biker cap.

See you,

John Colter (Ukantor)

I just dug your video, "This Message" - excellent stuff, Krabbers.

See you at the "Slug & Lettuce" (it's a better venue than it sounds!)

John.

It was great to meet you too, Krabbers. Another good get-together at the Slug & Lettuce.

John Colter.

Top Bottom