3 Martins + 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetalumaRescuke

Reaction score
2 Martins now

View attachment 121460An offer of close to the $300 and $25 S&H Con USA gets any one of these Martin Sopranos.
They are from left to right on the group picture
A 1918-19 Style 1M, a 1936-41 1M, a 1934-35 1M, a 1936-41 1M and out of the rescue room is a 1923-26 2M
The 1918-19 1M and the 1934-35 1M have been sold
View attachment 121459

Last edited:
Oh man. I wish I could right now. These are insanely good deals. I would love to own one of those, especially that style 2!

Dave's rescues are totally awesome. I have one, an early 40's Style 0, and although it's a beater with lots of wear & repairs, it is structurally fine, with 2.75mm action, and it plays and sounds incredible. It gives up the same sweet vintage Martin tone and bark that I hear from many of my uke heroes on Youtube, who play vintage Style 1, 2 & 3 Martins. I only wish I could buy more of Dave's rescues. He is a wizard with these things. I thought of selling it due to some hand issues, but I would really miss it, it's that good, and I've had many nice sopranos before.

Last edited:
I like the 1918 M1 (sound & playing), with the wooden pegs it is not for every one (Pegheads can be installed for $75). Which I would do if I were to keep it. My keeper is a 1943 Concert with them on it.
Dave

Love my 1918 that I got from Dave last year!

Hey, are these ukes still for sale? I might be interested. Please check your PMs.

Which are still available and what is the price?

Kawika aka PetalumaRescuke is super honest and very easy to work with

Hey Dave, re the Pegheds...the ones on mine are the standard ones I guess. They are very long! Do they make a shorter version, that doesn't stick out so much in the back, and if so, any comments on those?

John, I ran across one that was stubbier that looked like it might be for a slot head. I think the ones that are optional on flukes are the ones.

Hey Dave, re the Pegheds...the ones on mine are the standard ones I guess. They are very long! Do they make a shorter version, that doesn't stick out so much in the back, and if so, any comments on those?

I answered my own question: I contacted Magic Fluke, and they told me that the Pegheds they use are custom made for them, and are indeed shorter than standard length Pegheds. You can buy a set of the shorter ones from Magic Fluke.

Well it is down to one the 36-41 !M, Another dedicated player snagged the 2M.
Same price ($300 + Shipping) as it seems fair by the responses I'm getting.
I'll be shutting down the rescue room for a couple of months.
More Martins in the Spring.
Dave

The uke PetalumaRescuke just rescued and sold to me is a pure gem, light as a feather, resonant and sweet like vintage Martins specialize in - it has quickly become one of my favorites. I hesitated but am so glad I went for it.

You do great work Dave.

Not only do you restore wonderful older Martin ukuleles, but you then sell them at a price that most players can afford. So they can experience their great sound and playability.

Spreading the cheer! If only I played sopranos and concerts. I'll have to make do with my Martin 1T. ;)

Just thought it needed to be said. Kudos to you Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom