Suggestions on Uke care In New England area

Howie1947

Reaction score
I'm a recent transplant from southern California, now living in Rhode Island. Would appreciate any advice on taking care of my instruments here in the New England area. Winters here much different than Calif. Thanks, Howie

I'm not too far from you in CT, as previously stated, when the heat is on and it is very cold, it is best to keep them in cases with humidifiers. Always keep humidifiers fresh. As for summer, I have central AC so I do not have to worry as much. I also store my Ukes and guitars away from windows, or places that allow drafts to come through. Knock on wood I have never had an issue.

Happy Belated Birthday, "Howie" :)

I see you've moved coasts! :)

will you be making it to the 50th Annual Ukulele Festival Hawaii this coming July, 2020?

I'm planning on being there, Lord willing, and would love to see you guys again!

keep uke'in',

As others have stated, when the heat comes on, the ukuleles go into their cases with humidifiers. It's a good idea to purchase an inexpensive hygrometer to periodically check the actual humidity in the cases. Anything between 40%-60% is fine. If it gets lower, you're risking damage.

Top Bottom