Thread: Suggestions on Uke care In New England area

Default Suggestions on Uke care In New England area

I'm a recent transplant from southern California, now living in Rhode Island. Would appreciate any advice on taking care of my instruments here in the New England area. Winters here much different than Calif. Thanks, Howie
    My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Kamaka Concert, KoAloha 6-string . Kanilea K-1 Tenor. a style 1 vintage Martin Soprano and Kamaka 6-string. Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret to body and Martin Tenor 14 fret to body.

When heat is on, just keep them in cases with humidifiers. In summer, I don't do anything. Even when AC is on, humidity is usually in the 40s/50s at minimum. But, even in summer, not a bad idea to keep in cases, although not mandatory, like in winter.
    John

I'm not too far from you in CT, as previously stated, when the heat is on and it is very cold, it is best to keep them in cases with humidifiers. Always keep humidifiers fresh. As for summer, I have central AC so I do not have to worry as much. I also store my Ukes and guitars away from windows, or places that allow drafts to come through. Knock on wood I have never had an issue.

Thanks ! Very much
    My Ukes: Kamaka Tenor, Kamaka Concert, KoAloha 6-string . Kanilea K-1 Tenor. a style 1 vintage Martin Soprano and Kamaka 6-string. Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret to body and Martin Tenor 14 fret to body.

Happy Belated Birthday, "Howie"

I see you've moved coasts!

will you be making it to the 50th Annual Ukulele Festival Hawaii this coming July, 2020?

I'm planning on being there, Lord willing, and would love to see you guys again!

keep uke'in',
    Uncle Rod Higuchi
    ( rohiguchi@seattleschools.org )

MP3s: http://www.mediafire.com/?50db7nls4o6m6
    Ukulele Boot Camp, FREE Songbook, Holiday, Hawaiian & More: http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com
    Crazy G tutorial on YouTube ( uncle rod crazy g )
    pdf file for Crazy G:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o6id06c06...20TAB.pdf?dl=0

As others have stated, when the heat comes on, the ukuleles go into their cases with humidifiers. It's a good idea to purchase an inexpensive hygrometer to periodically check the actual humidity in the cases. Anything between 40%-60% is fine. If it gets lower, you're risking damage.
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR (LOW "G")
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

Thread Information