Thread: Straps for Hard Cases

Default Straps for Hard Cases

A very small not very consequential PSA/recommendation:

I'm a big fan of gig bags, but because I have a few nice solid wood ukes now I pretty much just have hard cases these days. Because I tend to travel on foot and am often carrying multiple things with me I found myself wishing that my cases had shoulder straps. Two out of 3 of my hard cases have rings to attach should straps, but they didn't actually come with straps, so I decided to look around for something suitable.

I found these on Amazon and ordered two.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

They arrived yesterday and they are exactly what I needed.

I got one in black for my grayish colored Crossrock case and one in brown for my Gator Journeyman case (love this case btw). At only $9 each they were well worth it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DYgDKVsup1RYy8jRA

One of those things that you can find a lot of places and doesn't seem like it need a recommendation, but can be hard to tell just looking online if it would be suitable for something like an instrument case.

I've only had them a day so I can't speak to the longevity but they seem well made through and through. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by CPG; 09-20-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    Takumi TC-1M Mahogany Concert
    1940s Martin Mahogany Concert
    Martin OXK Soprano

I've used those straps on my crossrock hardshell cases, and they work well. I also use a double strap and I prefer the way the double strap sits on my shoulders.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post a link to the double strap. The website is giving me a "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam" message. Perform a google search for "Bobelick padded backpack strap" to see what I use. They're $19.95 each (but you only need one for each case) at fisherviolins (dot) com.

Quote Originally Posted by mds725 View Post
    I've used those straps on my crossrock hardshell cases, and they work well. I also use a double strap and I prefer the way the double strap sits on my shoulders.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post a link to the double strap. The website is giving me a "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam" message. Perform a google search for "Bobelick padded backpack strap" to see what I use. They're $19.95 each (but you only need one for each case) at fisherviolins (dot) com.
    Thanks for the recommendation and glad to know the ones I have are working well for someone else.

It's letting me post the link: https://store.fisherviolins.com/Bobe...p/bobpvstr.htm

I've gotten that message before and find that I have more success with links if I don't use the insert link function. I just paste them into the text and they automatically get converted to links and I never get that error anymore.

Anyway. I like backpack straps a lot too, except that I'm often also wearing a backpack so the cross body/shoulder straps work better for me when that's the case.
    Last edited by CPG; 09-20-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Takumi TC-1M Mahogany Concert
    1940s Martin Mahogany Concert
    Martin OXK Soprano

Yes, it makes a big difference having straps on any case. Going to uke fests, I have to sign in, and I walk around looking at items for sale. It helps having two hands free. The backpack arrangement is ideal. I find it odd that some cases come with strap hooks, but no straps. For ordinary use, I leave the straps off, but if I am bringing two or more ukes, straps are essential. It's easy enough to swap ukes and cases.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Thread Information