Straps for Hard Cases

CPG

Reaction score
A very small not very consequential PSA/recommendation:

I'm a big fan of gig bags, but because I have a few nice solid wood ukes now I pretty much just have hard cases these days. Because I tend to travel on foot and am often carrying multiple things with me I found myself wishing that my cases had shoulder straps. Two out of 3 of my hard cases have rings to attach should straps, but they didn't actually come with straps, so I decided to look around for something suitable.

I found these on Amazon and ordered two.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787HYGLR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

They arrived yesterday and they are exactly what I needed.

I got one in black for my grayish colored Crossrock case and one in brown for my Gator Journeyman case (love this case btw). At only $9 each they were well worth it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DYgDKVsup1RYy8jRA

One of those things that you can find a lot of places and doesn't seem like it need a recommendation, but can be hard to tell just looking online if it would be suitable for something like an instrument case.

I've only had them a day so I can't speak to the longevity but they seem well made through and through. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
I've used those straps on my crossrock hardshell cases, and they work well. I also use a double strap and I prefer the way the double strap sits on my shoulders.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post a link to the double strap. The website is giving me a "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam" message. Perform a google search for "Bobelick padded backpack strap" to see what I use. They're $19.95 each (but you only need one for each case) at fisherviolins (dot) com.

I've used those straps on my crossrock hardshell cases, and they work well. I also use a double strap and I prefer the way the double strap sits on my shoulders.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to post a link to the double strap. The website is giving me a "Forbidden. Message seems to be spam" message. Perform a google search for "Bobelick padded backpack strap" to see what I use. They're $19.95 each (but you only need one for each case) at fisherviolins (dot) com.

Thanks for the recommendation and glad to know the ones I have are working well for someone else.

It's letting me post the link: https://store.fisherviolins.com/Bobelock-Backpack-Straps-p/bobpvstr.htm

I've gotten that message before and find that I have more success with links if I don't use the insert link function. I just paste them into the text and they automatically get converted to links and I never get that error anymore.

Anyway. I like backpack straps a lot too, except that I'm often also wearing a backpack so the cross body/shoulder straps work better for me when that's the case.

Last edited:
Yes, it makes a big difference having straps on any case. Going to uke fests, I have to sign in, and I walk around looking at items for sale. It helps having two hands free. The backpack arrangement is ideal. I find it odd that some cases come with strap hooks, but no straps. For ordinary use, I leave the straps off, but if I am bringing two or more ukes, straps are essential. It's easy enough to swap ukes and cases.

Top Bottom