Which uke would you like to try?

I second that!

Me too but I would put the emphasis on try. I've seen several Timms ukes which have had the polish worn off where you'd normally just scratch the uke with your finger. The polish, for some reason, seems to be really soft and come off easily, which is why I could probably never dare play the thing if I owned one.

Me too but I would put the emphasis on try. I've seen several Timms ukes which have had the polish worn off where you'd normally just scratch the uke with your finger. The polish, for some reason, seems to be really soft and come off easily, which is why I could probably never dare play the thing if I owned one.
He uses french polish and it should be easy to fix. I think french polish + high humidity do not go well together.

My concern wasn't with the polish, but that I'd be like Jerryc41 and buy it. I've convinced myself not to buy before I try anymore, so no Timms for me.

My concern wasn't with the polish, but that I'd be like Jerryc41 and buy it. I've convinced myself not to buy before I try anymore, so no Timms for me.
If you want, I have one for sale, if you do not like it you can ship it back.

Would like to try a LoPrinzi Spruce top Nova Tenor, Pono MGTP Pineapple....

Last edited:
A concert uke that is made of walnut.

Interesting - we have just added Walnut as an wood option for back and sides on all our ukes. Take a look at BazMaz's (gotaukulele) reviews to get an idea about what we do.

I want to try a good quality baritone (kanile'a, kamaka, lfdm or equivalent).
Slightly off topic (sorry) but I wasn't sure if KoAloha do baritone? I don't think I've ever seen any for sale.

There are very view makers of baritones, and even fewer of good quality baritones.

Have you checked out BazMaz's reviews of the ZT Baritone? We're very proud to have scored 9.4 out of 10 on Baz's scale and he loves it. You can see his post on it here:
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?140087-ZT-Ukuleles-Baritone-Review

If you have any questions, drop me a line.

I'm adding to my list a spruce top & rosewood kinnard soprano. And both Martin Style 2 Concert and Martin Style 2 Tenor.

The big pono steel string baritone (UL4) ... sigh... Failing that any pono baritone as my longterm goal is to buy one.

To try without any intention of buying i would love to try a Moonbird tenor or a Koaloha tenor (or even an opio).

I'm adding to my list a few sopranos
The Romero Creations Mahogany Soprano - it’s 3” deep so may be uncomfortable for me to play. I found a Cali Pineapple uncomfortable with a bigger body to neck length. I tend to impinge my right forearm on the side of the ukulele but this could be technique?

The Kinnard Spruce Soprano and long neck soprano

And the latest Beau Hannam soprano.

These are all deeper sounding sopranos.

Top Bottom