Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which uke would you like to try?

Default Which uke would you like to try?

Just curious which uke you may be itching to try someday, one that you might actually buy? Me, of course I'd like to try some K-brand tenors. But since I don't see myself buying one anytime soon, a more realistic choice would be a tenor Fluke. I've had soprano Fleas, a concert Fluke, and currently have a concert Flea, all of which I've liked, but never tried a tenor Fluke. How about you? If I got one, I'd prefer the wooden fretboard.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 09-20-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    John

I want to try them all, so all those not available locally.

Mostly the concert scales.

A recent Kamaka,
    An Ohta San
    A Kanilea
    A Koaloha
    A Cocobolo
    Etc etc
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

My answer keeps changing. Today I'd like to try a spruce top baritone.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Eastman EU3C, Concert
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Martin T1K, Tenor

A Cedar Kamaka Tenor
    Kamaka HF-2LD - Kanile'a Custom 5 string Super Tenor - KoAloha Special Issue Tenor - Pono MGTDP - Pono ATDC-CR

A concert uke that is made of walnut.

A Beau Hannam and a Moore Bettah. And add a Kinnard, Grimes, LFDM, Weimer and Rick Turner
    Oh and a Duane Noble Harp and also his Tenor
    Yep - it's all good :-)
    Last edited by keenonuke; 09-20-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)

I'd really like to try a Pono AC-T Taropatch. A few months ago there was one at HMS for $350 including a hard case and just when I was about to buy it someone else snagged it. I've seen them at other retailers but everywhere else they cost more and don't include a case. If that deal pops up at HMS ever again I may grab one. I'd take a vintage Martin taropatch to but they are WAY more expensive.

I'd also really like to try a Takumi TS-1M soprano which is the soprano version of my TC-1M. It an interesting soprano in that it has 14 frets to the body but is not a long neck. I think I'd really like it.

I'd also like to try a Pohaku soprano (yes, I realize there is one in the marketplace right now) and a Pohaku concert 10.
    Last edited by CPG; 09-20-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Takumi TC-1M Mahogany Concert
    1940s Martin Mahogany Concert
    Martin OXK Soprano

I have incoming ukes that I will not list
    1. Moore Bettah uke that is not sitka or Koa
    2. Steve Grimes
    3. Koolau
    4. Wiemer
    5. Beau Hannam soprano
    This is like asking how many breaths would you like to experience and enjoy.. as many as possible

So many ukes to think about..... but lately I'd love to try a Mya-Moe baritone. I've heard they have a lovely thin neck profile.
    Last edited by shanmoon; 09-20-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shanmoon View Post
    I'd love to try a Mya-Moe baritone. I've heard they have a lovely thin neck profile.
    Maybe a Fine Resophonics Spider and Biscuit cone. But I am really not interested in trying lots of ukes, trying out ukes, owning a bunch of ukes. I am into playing and enjoying them, and for me that happens with what I own, and wouldn't happen with owning many unless I lived in a mansion, and then I would want one always within reach.

Thread Information