Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 397 "And Is There Honey Still For Tea?"

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

sussex by the sea

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Good Morning (well, it IS here!), Seasonistas, and thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. The Playlist is up to date and I am hoping that our Internet service will be behaving itself sufficiently that I am able to actually LISTEN to your entries today. I forgot to mention that drag is optional this week, but if anyone feels an irresistible urge to dress up like the Queen (Joko?) or Prince Phillip, then please go for it. A special "thank you" to Lynda for bringing a song from my home county ... although I thought for one weird and deeply disturbing moment that she was recycling my school song, of which I can, thankfully, only remember the first verse. It went like this ...

"Down where the Sussex Sea floats by caressingly,
    Warmed by the benediction of the sun,
    Hope fires our hearts and wills
    And our lithe bodies fills
    With vigour, as we leap and dance and run."

We Brits are, undoubtedly, ODD!!!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Billy Bragg song.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Those of you who remember W.W.2 might recall this patriotic song made famous by Dame Vera Lynn

Ahoy everybody
    I had some free time today and I did 3 things.

My gosh, Caz, you've been busy ... thank you! This one goes back a lot further than Lily Allen or even The Clash (but not so far as "Greensleeves".) It comes from 1937, originating from the show "Me and My Girl" from which it was adapted into a dance which swept the country. The instructions are from Arthur Murray. (The only Creative Commons video I could find was a rather lack-lustre version which looks as though it's being performed at a school prom ... but you can get the general idea.)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

An old song about "honey."

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Here's one from The Pogues. Written by Shane Macgowan great songwriter and exemplar of British dentistry. ha..I shouldn't talk my choppers aren't so flash either.Sorry i missed Joko's week. I've been on holidays in Penang Malaysia.One of the best eating destinations in South East Asia.For the afficionados best Hainan Chicken Rice and Char Kway Teow in the world for about $3 a plate.
    Rainy night in Soho.
    Good theme Val!

And hello again from deepest France, where it is a very grey morning. Thank you, Alan for finding a "honey" song and John for abandoning the culinary delights of South East Asia to bring us a great Pogues cover. The Playlist is up to date. Please keep the songs coming!

Thread Information