Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SOTU 397 "And Is There Honey Still For Tea?"

thank you for the week and your great hosting, val!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

WRAP FOR SEASON 397

Firstly, a very big "thank you" to everyone who contributed to this Season. There were 52 entries (not including my effort), and they ranged from Billy Bragg, the Clash and the Kinks to some more unexpected choices. There will be no prizes this week - I haven't got anything suitably British to send out at the moment. I loved ALL your contributions, so I am glad that I am (cleverly?) avoiding having to make any difficult decisions this week. I do have some shout-outs, though, not least to Jim, Paul and John (of the North), who all took the time to make an appearance after an absence from the Seasons ... it was appreciated! There were some moments I particularly enjoyed, including Alan's cover of "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr. Hitler" (which I never thought I would hear being sung by an American), Berni's wonderful "horns" and Joko's preparedness to shred his clothes in the name of ... Art??? Special thanks to Alan and Rob, who both contributed several songs, including originals, and we also had originals from Brian, Berni and Lynda. AND we had a couple of honey songs!! In lieu of prizes, I have made a special video for you all, because EVERY contribution was wonderful and appreciated. (If you watch the video through to the end, you will hear that someone else appreciated your efforts, too!)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

(Tugging forelock), gord bless you ma'am! It was a pleasure and no mistake Guv ....I mean Your Royal Valness !

Wow Val, love that wrap video! Carry on!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Wow Val, love that wrap video! Carry on!

And do WHAT, Sir? Thank you, John (and "John of the North")!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

Default Music Hall sing along

Pub music sing along
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 10-03-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thanks for that, Rob ... he's brilliant; I'm an instant fan! AND he can bake scones!

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    Thanks for that, Rob ... he's brilliant; I'm an instant fan! AND he can bake scones!
    Are they really Scones... they might be biscuits :-)
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

They were definitely scones!

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/a...-not-a-biscuit ?????

Thread Information