SOTU 397 "And Is There Honey Still For Tea?"

A song about honey for you all :)

And a rather belated "Good Morning"! Had an early visit to the Market today and then had to watch the end of the Wales v. Australia match. The Playlist is up to date ... please keep those songs coming!

I actually finished the video recording early this lunchtime. I was so pleased with myself that I pressed SAVE and then promptly forgot to post it. I was at lunch with friends when the terrible realisation hit me. So I have rushed home to get this off to you all ASAP (Hopefully someone will get to hear it besides our host).

This is a fairy story (or fable) that may just qualify for this week's theme because it bears a striking resemblance to the recent history of Great Britain. I wanted to do a verse about how Wonderland had made a wonderful alliance with other lands such as Fairy Land, Tir Na Nog and Neverland etc, and how the Witch's successors were currently wrecking that alliance and threatening to isolate Wonderland... But it was already too long.

Hope you like this fairy tale analogy... So...

Here is:

Gotcha!! :rotfl:

3467335_orig.jpg
:smileybounce:

WRAP FOR SEASON 397

Firstly, a very big "thank you" to everyone who contributed to this Season. There were 52 entries (not including my effort), and they ranged from Billy Bragg, the Clash and the Kinks to some more unexpected choices. There will be no prizes this week - I haven't got anything suitably British to send out at the moment. I loved ALL your contributions, so I am glad that I am (cleverly?) avoiding having to make any difficult decisions this week. I do have some shout-outs, though, not least to Jim, Paul and John (of the North), who all took the time to make an appearance after an absence from the Seasons ... it was appreciated! There were some moments I particularly enjoyed, including Alan's cover of "Who Do You Think You Are Kidding, Mr. Hitler" (which I never thought I would hear being sung by an American), Berni's wonderful "horns" and Joko's preparedness to shred his clothes in the name of ... Art??? Special thanks to Alan and Rob, who both contributed several songs, including originals, and we also had originals from Brian, Berni and Lynda. AND we had a couple of honey songs!! In lieu of prizes, I have made a special video for you all, because EVERY contribution was wonderful and appreciated. (If you watch the video through to the end, you will hear that someone else appreciated your efforts, too!)

(Tugging forelock), gord bless you ma'am! It was a pleasure and no mistake Guv ....I mean Your Royal Valness !

Top Bottom