NUD - Kanilea Super Soprano

RafterGirl

Reaction score
I've always wanted to add a Kanilea to my ukulele family. This lovely super soprano landed a few days ago. 2016 KCS-SSP Premium, with slot head & Gotoh tuners. It's sure pretty. Beautiful koa, and my favorite combo of gloss body & satin neck. I'll experiment with strings to see what I like the best.

Attachments

• DSCF1851.jpg
    DSCF1851.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF1852.jpg
    DSCF1852.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF1853.jpg
    DSCF1853.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37
Wow, that's a pretty one! My Koa ukes seem to like Oasis Brights and Living Water strings; Worth Clears too.

Ah, so that's where it ended up! Congrat, it's gorgeous! I like Fremont blacklines on my kanile'a as well as living water and anuenue strings.

I've been wanting to try a Kanilea for awhile, but passed this one up the first time around. When it showed up again, I decided to go for it. It came with Living Waters, which are nice, but a bit too quiet for me. I have Worth Clears and Oasis Brights on the way. I really liked Worth Clears on an Islander soprano I had, so I'll try those first. It's hard to compare with the KoAloha LN soprano, because that one is so vibrant. I decided to slow my roll on selling the KoAloha LN soprano until I've got the Kanilea sorted out.

I am so glad you got it. That is an amazing set of koa, I love the color, curl and grain. Congratulations and let us know which string set you like the sound of best on this beauty.

Really lovely, congratulations

Top Bottom