BLACK ORPHEUS - instrumental

That was lovely, Brenda. Haven't heard that song in ages ... thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Jan D.

That was lovely, Brenda. Haven't heard that song in ages ... thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Jan D.

Thank you Jan. I have not heard that song in ages too. Ha ha
I remember trying to play it on guitar when I was in high school. It was so darn difficult!

Thank you sugar!
You have not made new post in a while. Time to get cracking.

I know, work has been crazy, and I've had one bug after another! I work in the UK national health service in paediatrics and this time of year is major bug/cold/general germ season!
I'm working on "love of my life" but it's a major project -think I need some smaller ones to go alongside.

Beautifully done, Brenda! And your uke always has such an excellent tone! I remember back in approximately 1969, it was Jose Feliciano's very expressive solo instrumental version of this tune that inspired me to delve into nylon-string guitar. On the album in question, I believe it was entitled "Manha de Carnaval" (?).

Pretty darn good again young Brenda!
You certainly have some flair with that uke. Well done my friend. Lovely stuff.

Very nice, Brenda! I too tried to play the guitar at one point, but that didn't last long. :p

It's each to their own, isn't it? And that's the way it SHOULD be I suppose. I started a thread in the uke discussion section a while ago, and found it surprising how many ukers are guitarists as well!

I love that tune Brenda.......I also know it as Manho de Carnaval. Written by Luiz Bonfa I think.............!!! How cool Bossa Nova sounds on the ukulele...Beautiful soulful and deep feeling in your playing......a great piece. Lovely recording also!
Mike

Beautifully done, Brenda! And your uke always has such an excellent tone! I remember back in approximately 1969, it was Jose Feliciano's very expressive solo instrumental version of this tune that inspired me to delve into nylon-string guitar. On the album in question, I believe it was entitled "Manha de Carnaval" (?).

This uke was Corey Fujimoto personal uke. He must have left his talented DNA on it. I remember Jose Feliciano. He played Ovation guitar.

I love that tune Brenda.......I also know it as Manho de Carnaval. Written by Luiz Bonfa I think.............!!! How cool Bossa Nova sounds on the ukulele...Beautiful soulful and deep feeling in your playing......a great piece. Lovely recording also!
Mike

I will be visiting South America in a couple of months. Hopefully I get to hear more Bossa Nova music that can be played on the uke.
Recording is iPhone and a Shure MV88 Mic.
Always enjoy reading your comments.

Some of my favorite music on my favorite uke! (and one of my favorite uke players). I play guitar also, but I like the ukulele for its less-is-more, uncluttered character. It allows me to focus more on a simple presentation of the tune. And they are so darn cute! :)

Some of my favorite music on my favorite uke! (and one of my favorite uke players). I play guitar also, but I like the ukulele for its less-is-more, uncluttered character. It allows me to focus more on a simple presentation of the tune. And they are so darn cute! :)

I'll second all of that !! :D

Top Bottom