Tiny Tenor Spalted Mango - my jaw dropped when I saw this

Wow! That is indeed a beauty. Gorgeous. (How do you spell out a wolf whistle?) :drool:
But just can't do it right now.
:(

Last edited:
I agree. My first ukulele was spalted mango. It is beautiful. By the way, does anyone know how to do a wolf whistle on the ukulele. I assume it is just two slides. Once I get to my instrument I might try to find the answer.

And it is sold!

Now that it’s sold, I can finally speak my mind. Doesn’t the pattern kind of reminds you of a human rib cage? I just can’t shake that image off.

Now that it’s sold, I can finally speak my mind. Doesn’t the pattern kind of reminds you of a human rib cage? I just can’t shake that image off.

I was debating whether it looked like the x ray of someone's ribs or a lobster tail.

That's a beauty, went quickly. Two years ago I had Bruce Wei make me a spalted mango and flame mango tenor, it cost $445 including shipping. Sounds great with the sound holes all the way around the bout and plays great.

Spalted done montage.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yeah, I can see the rib cage image, but for me, even more so, the pattern on the top kinda reminds me of the underbelly of a horse-shoe crab.

Or something ominous out of a horror film as the vision of the last thing one might see just before a giant insect attaches to your face and via an elongated organ, deposits eggs inside you, like in the "Aliens" movie franchise.

This one is a hard "no" for me.

EDIT: added this image, which is the one I was referring to:
romero_creations_rc-ttmg_8005-7.jpg

Last edited:
The first thing I saw in it was the tree of life, with branches above, the bridge as the ground, and roots below. Now I can't unsee the ribcage. I hope you twisted visionaries didn't ruin it for the purchaser!

I'm now imagining:
Reason for return a thread on the UU forums ruined it for me!

As Joe King alluded to, I could see the creature from the movie "Alien" when it jumped out of its egg. But then decided it looked more like a river delta...

...Before it jumped out and attached itself to someone's face! :eek:

Still a beautiful ukulele.

Now that itÂ’s sold, I can finally speak my mind. DoesnÂ’t the pattern kind of reminds you of a human rib cage? I just canÂ’t shake that image off.

Nope. More like a spinal nerve diagram.

The first thing I saw in it was the tree of life, with branches above, the bridge as the ground, and roots below. Now I can't unsee the ribcage. I hope you twisted visionaries didn't ruin it for the purchaser!

I'm now imagining:
Reason for return a thread on the UU forums ruined it for me!

Oops! I think I may have unintentionally derailed the thread into something else! I’m now hoping the buyer is a huge fan of such imageries else I would felt very guilty if it is indeed returned for such a reason. I’m not familiar with the return policy but is such reason valid? Just curious about it. Haha..

And btw, you guys have such wild imaginations. I do now see the lobster tail shell (at the back of uke), and underbelly of a horseshoe crab (on the soundboard) in a H R Giger style for the aliens movie franchise.

This is a kind of Rorschach test

This is a kind of Rorschach test

I took a random online Rorschach test and this is what it said:
You are 33% "Normal." That makes you "Undoubtedly Unusual."
Well, you're definitely scoring in the 'unusual' range here. Most of your answers would be considered 'abnormal.' So either you're completely insane or you've just got a very special way of looking at things. We'll let you decide which it is.

No wonder I saw weird stuff in things. If you are interested to know how how twisted you are:
https://brainfall.com/quizzes/inkblot-quiz-are-you-normal/

The grain pattern didn't bother me at all, even after your imaginations got hold of it.
Funny how Mother Nature repeats her patterns in many beings...
We have a mahogany TT that sounds just like this one, and there are no disturbing grain images on it.

I'm 40% normal.
Heck, the only normal is a cycle on a washer.

I think most UU folks don’t fall into the normal category. Else how the hell did we ended up with so many ukes when we only can play 1 at a time.

Top Bottom