Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny Tenor Spalted Mango - my jaw dropped when I saw this

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHing View Post
    Now that itís sold, I can finally speak my mind. Doesnít the pattern kind of reminds you of a human rib cage? I just canít shake that image off.
    Yeah, I can see the rib cage image, but for me, even more so, the pattern on the top kinda reminds me of the underbelly of a horse-shoe crab.

Or something ominous out of a horror film as the vision of the last thing one might see just before a giant insect attaches to your face and via an elongated organ, deposits eggs inside you, like in the "Aliens" movie franchise.

This one is a hard "no" for me.

EDIT: added this image, which is the one I was referring to:
    Last edited by Joe King; 09-22-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added image
    -Joe......Have uke, will travel...

The first thing I saw in it was the tree of life, with branches above, the bridge as the ground, and roots below. Now I can't unsee the ribcage. I hope you twisted visionaries didn't ruin it for the purchaser!

I'm now imagining:
    Reason for return a thread on the UU forums ruined it for me!

As Joe King alluded to, I could see the creature from the movie "Alien" when it jumped out of its egg. But then decided it looked more like a river delta...

...Before it jumped out and attached itself to someone's face!

Still a beautiful ukulele.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Now that it’s sold, I can finally speak my mind. Doesn’t the pattern kind of reminds you of a human rib cage? I just can’t shake that image off.
    Nope. More like a spinal nerve diagram.
    Donaldson Kumalae-style soprano * Magic Fluke Timber Bass * Ohana CK450QEL * Ohana CK-65D * Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke
    Fluke FireFly * Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22
    Kala KA-KTG-CT * Cordoba 20TM * 1950s Harmony soprano *1920s Stella banjo uke

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    The first thing I saw in it was the tree of life, with branches above, the bridge as the ground, and roots below. Now I can't unsee the ribcage. I hope you twisted visionaries didn't ruin it for the purchaser!

I'm now imagining:
    Reason for return a thread on the UU forums ruined it for me!
    Oops! I think I may have unintentionally derailed the thread into something else! I’m now hoping the buyer is a huge fan of such imageries else I would felt very guilty if it is indeed returned for such a reason. I’m not familiar with the return policy but is such reason valid? Just curious about it. Haha..

And btw, you guys have such wild imaginations. I do now see the lobster tail shell (at the back of uke), and underbelly of a horseshoe crab (on the soundboard) in a H R Giger style for the aliens movie franchise.
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

This is a kind of Rorschach test

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    This is a kind of Rorschach test
    I took a random online Rorschach test and this is what it said:
    You are 33% "Normal." That makes you "Undoubtedly Unusual."
    Well, you're definitely scoring in the 'unusual' range here. Most of your answers would be considered 'abnormal.' So either you're completely insane or you've just got a very special way of looking at things. We'll let you decide which it is.
    No wonder I saw weird stuff in things. If you are interested to know how how twisted you are:
    https://brainfall.com/quizzes/inkblo...re-you-normal/
    Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Enya EUT-M6E

The grain pattern didn't bother me at all, even after your imaginations got hold of it.
    Funny how Mother Nature repeats her patterns in many beings...
    We have a mahogany TT that sounds just like this one, and there are no disturbing grain images on it.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I took a random online Rorschach test and this is what it said:

No wonder I saw weird stuff in things. If you are interested to know how how twisted you are:
    https://brainfall.com/quizzes/inkblo...re-you-normal/
    I'm 40% normal.
    Heck, the only normal is a cycle on a washer.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    I'm 40% normal.
    Heck, the only normal is a cycle on a washer.
    I think most UU folks don’t fall into the normal category. Else how the hell did we ended up with so many ukes when we only can play 1 at a time.

Thread Information