Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost my Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple on Southwest Airlines!

Default I lost my Kamaka Gold Label Pineapple on Southwest Airlines!

Stuff Happens! My abused (by someone else but repaired/improved by me) Kamaka is out in the wind! She’s an amazing looking and sounding instrument and now has gotoh UPTs. It even had the cool deluxe and distinctive white binding.

Wherever she ends up, I hope she is well played and well loved. Tears were shed by my 7 year old daughter. That said, if anyone here ends up with it, I’d love to buy it back!

(I did file a lost and found with Southwest on 9-21-2019... the day it was lost).

51AA9D46-8511-4393-A807-B2BAB695C6E4.jpgF9900E72-833E-41F3-B470-0CD673FD5B17.jpg36771291-609C-4C74-9C71-F3D0A0F4C889.jpg
    Last edited by Gmontema; 09-21-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    I think I have pineapple UAS

Ukes in order of purchase
    2018: Córdoba concert 15CM, Luna soprano, Islander tenor AT-4, Iriguchi concert “Ma’Alaea” - Birdseye maple top and poplar back Aug 2018
    2019: Mahalo soprano Kahiko, KoAloha koa pineapple soprano KSM-01 (made in 2012), <recovered> abused but unused gold label Kamaka koa pineapple, *rough* 1930’s Kamaka “Historic Mahogany Pineapple” with Philippine mahogany and wooden peg tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmontema View Post
    Stuff Happens! My abused (by someone else but repaired/improved by me) Kamaka is out in the wind! She’s an amazing looking and sounding instrument and now has gotoh UPTs. It even had the cool deluxe and distinctive white binding.

Wherever she ends up, I hope she is well played and well loved. Tears were shed by my 7 year old daughter. That said, if anyone here ends up with it, I’d love to buy it back!

(I did file a lost and found with Southwest on 9-21-2019... the day it was lost).

51AA9D46-8511-4393-A807-B2BAB695C6E4.jpgF9900E72-833E-41F3-B470-0CD673FD5B17.jpg36771291-609C-4C74-9C71-F3D0A0F4C889.jpg
    Sorry about your 7 year old. How exactly did it get lost? Was it in checked luggage? Was it in a case? I hope it gets back to you safely.

Oh no, what happened? You're right, you can't stop stuff happening, but it still sucks when it does!
    Sorry to hear it's gone
    ~ "Music washes away the dust of everyday life" ~

•••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••

Soprano - 2002 Koa KoAloha
    Concert - Ziegenspeck mahogany Sunburst sunrise • Kanile'a KSC-C
    Tenor - Anuenue UT200 • Sumi Kobo sinker cedar + ziricote • Kamaka 100th anniversary • Kanile'a KSR-T • LFDM ukaferri
    Baritone - Kala SMHB

"Beater" no brand solid spruce + rosewood tenor

What a shame. I once left a Kamaka in a library after a jam, but I turned around and went back for it. I hadn't even gotten to my car. I can understand how a uke could be left behind on a plane. Your Kamaka doesn't have a serial number?
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Next time, stow it under the seat with a strap tied to your ankle.

What a shame. I hope they reimburse you the "replacement value" for it. (Don't settle for their first offer.)

Condolences to your 7-year old. It's tough to lose a friend...
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrdr View Post
    Sorry about your 7 year old. How exactly did it get lost? Was it in checked luggage? Was it in a case? I hope it gets back to you safely.
    We were traveling heavy with carry on gear for 2 kids for the first time. There was heavy turbulence which shifted the uke from in front of one of our bags to probably the side of the overhead compartment. Yup it was in a case. Thanks for the hope!

2018: Córdoba concert 15CM, Luna soprano, Islander tenor AT-4, Iriguchi concert “Ma’Alaea” - Birdseye maple top and poplar back Aug 2018
    2019: Mahalo soprano Kahiko, KoAloha koa pineapple soprano KSM-01 (made in 2012), <recovered> abused but unused gold label Kamaka koa pineapple, *rough* 1930’s Kamaka “Historic Mahogany Pineapple” with Philippine mahogany and wooden peg tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by pix.fairydust View Post
    Oh no, what happened? You're right, you can't stop stuff happening, but it still sucks when it does!
    Sorry to hear it's gone
    Thanks. Normally I’m all over things like this. Travel with two young ones for the first time proved to be quite distracting as was the severe turbulence!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    What a shame. I once left a Kamaka in a library after a jam, but I turned around and went back for it. I hadn't even gotten to my car. I can understand how a uke could be left behind on a plane. Your Kamaka doesn't have a serial number?

If it did have a serial number I didn’t see it. I wish I put my name on a tag on the case! It was a last minute case change for the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by gochugogi View Post
    Next time, stow it under the seat with a strap tied to your ankle.

Hahaha, along with duct tape, super glue, and ratchet tie!

Thread Information