Kala Elite 1KOA-T-G tenor

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Saw this one on Reverb, he has it labeled as "Acai" wood, but the model name says Koa. I thought is was interesting to have such figured koa in a lower 1 Series instrument, with gloss finish. I'm thinking that a K-brand with that grade of koa would be $1500.00 or more.

https://reverb.com/item/26779416-kala-usa-tenor-ukulele-2018-clear

Elite 1KOA-T-G.JPG

Last edited:
I'm guessing that's a typo. Google doesn't know anything about acai wood, but it knows the acai berry. It should probably read "acacia," which is the family in which you find koa. If it's koa, it's acacia. If it's acacia, it doesn't have to be koa. The scientific name for koa is acacia koa.

Ukeinfused has said many times that the Kala Elite team often grades wood way too low. This is one example. Also my 2koa-tg, which has incredible flame.
IMG_20190922_090919.jpg

John, in the photo, the two sides do not appear to be a perfect book match. That often lowers the price.

Ron, that koa in your Elite looks fantastic. Really lovely sound. I enjoyed the tune being played—considering the store that was selling it. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
John, in the photo, the two sides do not appear to be a perfect book match. That often lowers the price.

Ron, that koa in your Elite looks fantastic. Really lovely sound. I enjoyed the tune being played—considering the store that was selling it. Enjoy it.

Armando from Penny Lane is a great player and a super salesman!
Ron

Top Bottom