Recuerdos de la Alhambra - Ukulele

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score

Recuerdos de la Alhambra (Memories of the Alhambra) composed in Granada 1896 by Spanish guitarist Francisco Tárrega. Played on an aNueNue LightBird Tenor Ukulele with low G tuning.
There is a link to a free tab if anybody is interested in the YouTube description!
I hope you all enjoy,
Mike

Wow, nicely done! That's the first time I've seen that composition played on a ukulele! Now, for your tremolo technique, Mike, are you using "thumb-and-three-fingers", or "thumb-and-two-fingers"? Either way, it sounds nice and smooth. And, as Yaha points out, we snuck in here before Dave, so we get to be the first to say, "Beautifully played, young Mike!"

Hi Jarmo, I didn't realize that Ana uses the 2-finger approach. Researching it further, it looks like she describes it as "p m i m" (meaning
"thumb, middle, index, middle"), as distinguished from "p a m i" (thumb, ring, middle, index). Sounds great, either way! And I believe Taimane Gardner, for instance, uses a tremolo technique involving a total of only three strokes ("p m i"), or "thumb, middle, index"; but she makes it sound good too!

Last edited:
Thank you Yahahele, Bill and Jarmo_S. I play it in the classical style of thumb and 3 fingers. pami. Thumb, ring, middle and index! There is a another really nice tremolo for playing slow music and that is piami. I did use this a lot but I wanted to keep this piece as close to the classical original
Mike

Thank you Mike! I enjoy it a lot. And I beat Dave. :))

Wow, nicely done! That's the first time I've seen that composition played on a ukulele! Now, for your tremolo technique, Mike, are you using "thumb-and-three-fingers", or "thumb-and-two-fingers"? Either way, it sounds nice and smooth. And, as Yaha points out, we snuck in here before Dave, so we get to be the first to say, "Beautifully played, young Mike!"

Ah! But I beat you both by being the first to make good comment on this when Mike first shared it on YouTube two days ago! lololol

Still, you ARE both right..."Beautifully played, young Mike!"

But you HAVE beat me with your 'Are you using the thumb and two or three fingered approach?' because I haven't a blooming' CLUE as to what anything THAT technical on a uke is!! lol

Well Dave, with a little practice I'll bet you could to that tremolo smooth as........ :D

Thanks for your confidence in me Bill, but Mike is an evolutionary level above MY humble talents - as are so many on here. S'why I find it so inspiring being a member. X

This is a beautiful performance.
Your fingers are moving so fast. What a skill!
I remember Alhambra very well. Once upon a time a forgotten palace until an American author discovered it ! I would go back in a heartbeat!
BTW I am shock to see a one star rating ! Whoever gave you that one star either has no taste or jealous of your talent! Hope you are not discouraged by this.
Please keep posting your wonderful video. UU needs advance player like you.

Last edited:
Mike this is great that you can leverage your hard won guitar skills over to the ukulele! Yet a ukulele is not a guitar, it has it's own unique voice. And here you give it your own voice - also unique.

Wonderful performance. A challenging piece that you made look effortless. Thanks for posting and thanks for providing the tab for this. I may have a go at this with a few more years of playing behind me.

Mike this is great that you can leverage your hard won guitar skills over to the ukulele! Yet a ukulele is not a guitar, it has it's own unique voice. And here you give it your own voice - also unique.

Wonderful performance. A challenging piece that you made look effortless. Thanks for posting and thanks for providing the tab for this. I may have a go at this with a few more years of playing behind me.

Ah! But I beat you both by being the first to make good comment on this when Mike first shared it on YouTube two days ago! lololol

Still, you ARE both right..."Beautifully played, young Mike!"

But you HAVE beat me with your 'Are you using the thumb and two or three fingered approach?' because I haven't a blooming' CLUE as to what anything THAT technical on a uke is!! lol

Well Dave, with a little practice I'll bet you could to that tremolo smooth as........ :D

This is a beautiful performance.
Your fingers are moving so fast. What a skill!
I remember Alhambra very well. Once upon a time a forgotten palace until an American author discovered it ! I would go back in a heartbeat!
BTW I am shock to see a one star rating ! Whoever gave you that one star either has no taste or jealous of your talent! Hope you are not discouraged by this.
Please keep posting your wonderful video. UU needs advance player like you.

Tremendous playing! :)

Nice picking! It sounds great;-)

Thank you all for your kind words.......I appreciate them!
Mike

Top Bottom