For trade: Anuenue Moonbird UT200 tenor for UC200 concert

morningbell27

Reaction score
Recently received a beautiful anuenue spruce moonbird tenor UT200 and played less than an hour but think I would prefer a smaller size. Curious if anyone would be interested in trading their UC200 (or possibly US200) plus some cash to make trade even. Also might be interested in Koaloha concert Kcm-002 (abalone inlay) or Rebel Cheesecake soprano or long neck concert. Thanks!

Last edited:
If you could sell it in time to get cash, there is a UC200 on HMS.

You'll like the UC200. I have both sizes, and the concert is very similar in sound, and the smaller scale is great if you have small hands or issues stretching to tenor scale.

Last edited:
Thanks, appreciate your comment! Actually I tuned up to D6 and a string broke leading to me restring with worth clears CM 46 (for soprano/concert but it was all I had on hand and the string gauge isn’t much different from the stock strings).

I have to say I actually like it quite a bit more. Can you expand on why you have both sizes and the benefits you see with each? I’m still a beginner but thought I would get the tenor to have the option of low G stringing. I find that I have more trouble with challenging chords on a tenor but wonder if i can build more flexibility with practice.

Can you expand on why you have both sizes and the benefits you see with each? I’m still a beginner but thought I would get the tenor to have the option of low G stringing. I find that I have more trouble with challenging chords on a tenor but wonder if i can build more flexibility with practice.

First let me say that I too am really just a neophyte, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. I've only been serious about learning to play uke for a little over a year. Orginally I wanted a tenor Moon Bird because I was enamored of the sound after seeing Baz's review. When I heard HMS had gotten in some MoonBirds. all the tenors were gone by the tme I scrounged enough $ to buy one, and I "settled" for a concert....which I fell in love with, and totally adore. I went on to buy a tenor a few months ago to see how it compared, since it was what I orginally had wanted. If I could only have one uke, it would be the concert. However, I do love the tenor, and it has a slightly richer sound to my ear, wher eI find the concert a little more bell like in tone. I favor the concert slightly mostly due to ergonomics (I have some issues with the nerves in my arms & hands due to a hanglider crash 10 years ago). I go back and forth between the two a lot. I also wouldn't rule out the concert for low g. I just coordinated a family purchase to get my niece a moon bird concert from HMS (it arrived today in fact), and we had it strung for her low-g with a fremont soloist low g. It sounds so amazing that I am sorely tempted to swich my own concert over to low g.We had great fun playing some duets tonight until my hands were cramping! The lowg is very balanced with the other strings, and unike other ukes I've strung low g, with her moonbird the low g did not overwhelm the other strings. As far as the tenor size, I have found that with daily stretching exercise I am finally finding the thinner necks on some tenors more manageable, which is why I am hanging onto my Moon Bird tenor...and honestly I just get a real kick out of hearing the subtle differences in sound between the different sizes, tonewoods, strings, and tunings of different ukuleles. In fact, I recently picked up a Moon Bird soprano after selling a few other ukes, and I love it is well. It has the same moon bird sound, just a little higher in pitch and a little softer in volume. I'm currently in the process of thinning down my uke collection, and will probably end up just keeping the Anuenue's and K brands. I can only play so many ukes in one day!!!!

Sorry to derail your sale/trade thread a bit! Either way you go, tenor, or concert, they are wonderful ukes with a really unique sound.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your feedback, might hang on to this a one a bit longer then!

Hi. I see you have a Mya Moe Myrtle tenor in your collection. I've been offered a used one of these (from the days of Gordon and Char) and I'd be interested in how you think the Moon Bird (and your Ks) compare with it. I have a Moon Bird in my sights as well but as I haven't heard either of them in the flesh, as it were, I have to go off advice from others. Thanks.

Yes, available for sale or trade for concert version! Please PM me if you’re interested.

Hi. I see you have a Mya Moe Myrtle tenor in your collection. I've been offered a used one of these (from the days of Gordon and Char) and I'd be interested in how you think the Moon Bird (and your Ks) compare with it. I have a Moon Bird in my sights as well but as I haven't heard either of them in the flesh, as it were, I have to go off advice from others. Thanks.

I have an aNueNue UT200 Moonbird Spruce/Indian Rosewood tenor and a MyaMoe Classic all-Koa tenor. It's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, but I'll give it a try.

Just the highlights:

The Moonbird is very lightweight construction, resonant and a sustain that lasts a week. Smooth, relatively thin flattened-D shaped comfortable neck. High gloss poly finish. Loud and bright sound. The notes are quite distinct. Handles both strumming and picking with aplomb. Nut width: 1-3/8" with string separation at 3/8".

The MyaMoe Classic (Gordon, Char & Aaron) is a more robust construction. But is by no means overbuilt. Has a more "woody" and full sound. Koa warmth. A very flat and comfortable neck. TruOil and lemon oil finish. Sound is earthy (koa), but is definitely not quiet. It belts when you want it. Wonderful both strummed and picked. Nut width is 1-3/8" with string spacing at 3/8".

Both are strung with LivingWaters fluorocarbons. The MyaMoe is linear Low-G, the aNueNue is re-entrant High-g.

The Moonbird is crisp and brash. The MyaMoe is full and round. But again, that's due to the different strings and woods.

Spruce is a bright top.You won't go wrong with either.

Top Bottom