Hello from Vermont!

Krd0429

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have been playing Ukulele for about 3 months now and am already addicted.

I started off with a Makala Soprano Shark, but that was too small for me, plus I wanted something with Low-G. A buddy of mine hooked me up with a sick deal on the Fender Montecito (Tenor), which is amazing! I also have a an Enya X1 in concert size to take with me outdoors or when I'm traveling/flying places.

3 ukuleles in 3 months....I might have a problem...or my student loan payments might have a problem :rolleyes:

Where do you all come from and what are your favorite Ukulele's that you own.

Welcome, seems like you'll fit right in here. Same story as you, my first was a soprano, too small for a 50 year guitar player, so I went tenor cutaway. In the first year I played uke over 6 years ago, I went through 16 ukes, then culled them to 4. My favorite at the time was a Kala KAATP-CTG-CE, solid cedar top, acacia loa body that plays almost as well as the $1000+ K brand ukes. Since then I'm up to 9, including a few customs from Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam, but my current top of the heap is a Godin Multiuke. I also play bass uke and since all that, gave away my 4 guitars.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Hi and welcome to the UU forums. I'm from the Upper Valley in NH and my goto ukulele these days is a Martin T1K. Lots of great uke clubs around here so we may run into each other someday.

Ahh i am a bit far from VT-NH boarder, but what Uke groups in this area do you recommend? I'm in my early 20's so I think it'd be cool to find a group with people of all ages and experience to learn from!

Last edited:
Ahh i am a bit far from VT-NH boarder, but what Uke groups in this area do you recommend? I'm in my early 20's so I think it'd be cool to find a group with people of all ages and experience to learn from!

If you're ever in Hanover, NH, the Upper Valley Uke Club meets every other Monday at the Howe Library. Next meeting is 9/30/19 at 5:30pm. Our age range is from septuagenarians to High schoolers and sometimes younger.

http://www.uvukeclub.com/

Top Bottom