Ievan Polkka

yahalele

Reaction score
Hi, Dave and Jarmo! I put up Ievan Polkka, which is Jarmo's Finnish song. This song is very famous here because this is commercial song on TV in Japan. They sing it on Japanese and I sing it on Japanese too. Enjoy!

Last edited:
それはとても良い歌です。 あなたはそれを演奏し、よく歌いました。 友よありがとう。

The finnish folk songs, past few hundreds years have been affected much by swedish and russian and other influences, both major and minor tunes. This song (I can't get yours to play) is I think of much older origin. I have heard some people who's related language is now dying, or has died playing in the Russia, singing similar to this song. I don't usually play songs like this, when meaning "my" finnish folk songs. But it is part of the history, definitely though.

I found this as a first youtube or google search, for this simple song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yh9i0PAjck

I think it will sound good with ukulele, yes too. Even if uke is hawaiian :)

Dave,

Was surprised that you can read & write Japanese! I went to Japanese language school after regular school for 6 years but fooled around & barely learned anything. Thot I'd never use it - boy was I wrong; ended up going to Japan & Okinawa many times for work.

Regards,
Keith

I found this as a first youtube or google search, for this simple song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yh9i0PAjck

Hi, Jarmo! Thank you for the link. This version is very nice. And I know the meaning of lyrics of this song. Hence I am very happy to listen this link. Ukulele is very good for this song. I only played Em and Bm. Ukulele is also very good for Japanese traditional songs.

I am studying chord progression now. I want to learn more chords for my singing. This book shows cord progressions on C/Am keys on the left side, and variations on 4 other keys on the right pages (see the photo below). I just want to know more chords for my singing.

Top Bottom