Dave Talsma soprano with case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jddewitt81

Reaction score
I bought this a little earlier this year. This is my first ukulele by builder Dave Talsma. The craftsmanship is excellent and Dave is one of the nicest guys in the business; Seriously! When I saw this I immediately had to have it as I am a big fan of the dread shape and wood choices. I have owned many custom built ukuleles and I can not express enough how much I admire Dave and his work.

After I bought this one I knew Dave was the man to restore my beloved Hollywood ukulele. He did an AMAZING job.

Lately I have ventured into playing the Tenor, Drums and Guitar a bit more but the real reason I am selling is because my family may have an opportunity to move relatively soon and I will need all the money I can get for renovations, etc. during the process. This will be a very good opportunity. One I need to be extremely ready for.

I am to the point where I have played most all brands of ukuleles and many from custom builders. I would not hesitate to have Dave build me another ukulele in the future. If I didn’t own the Hollywood that he restored this would be even harder to let go of however the Hollywood is very dear to me and I will likely try to have Dave build me a tenor down the road.

DETAILS:
Red Spruce Top
Black Walnut back and sides.
Madrone fretboard, bridge and headplate.
Curly Maple binding

Here is the original Reverb listing I bought it from. I bought it direct from Dave and he goes into a bit more detail here.

https://reverb.com/item/22897970-ta...l-lacquer?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Again I really hate to see this go but I do need to put as much money back as I can.

It did not come with a case when I bought it but I will be including a nice Rockcase hard case that fits the shape pretty well. Payment via Paypal.

It is still in great condition.

Pictures taken tonight can be seen in my album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V2aUcYdXrTASnD8PA

Last edited:
Such a PRETTY little uke, John.
I know how much you love it, must be hard to let it go!

Wow. You've been letting some nice sops go lately. This one's gotta be tough to give up. Seems like a hell of a deal. Good luck.

What a beautiful soprano. How does it sound? The dread shape with spruce top must make the sound very nice.

Best of luck with your move and new opportunity. I hope it all goes well for you.

I have a killer Talsma pineapple soprano. I say I have one, my wife actually took it the minute I took it out of the case! She still lets me play it on occasion if I'm good. Great ukes, great sound! Rick

That is one beautiful instrument. If it were concert size I would snap it up in a minute.

Not sure why but I am not able to add the video of it to my album. If you are interested in it and you wish to hear it then send me a msg with your email and I can send you the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom