New Collings ukuleles

I do not have UAS, I do not have UAS, I do not have UAS, I..., I, really like Collings.
But I'll play the hog Collings I got from the Marketplace, and figure the koa one can't possibly be better, right?

Keep telling yourself that... or "not better just different". I lucked into a "2 for" trade for a UT3K. I have a lot of nice koa ukes but the Collings has a chime that to me sounds kind of piano-like. It's not my loudest koa but by far the nicest, cleanest, most balanced. And I would think the satin finish would be lighter than the high gloss (but I love the dimensional look Collings UT3K's have. It's almost like you can see down into the valleys between the hill peaks in the grains. LoPrinzi is the only other Koa I've ever seen that has that same 3D look.

Keep telling yourself that... or "not better just different". I lucked into a "2 for" trade for a UT3K. I have a lot of nice koa ukes but the Collings has a chime that to me sounds kind of piano-like. It's not my loudest koa but by far the nicest, cleanest, most balanced. And I would think the satin finish would be lighter than the high gloss (but I love the dimensional look Collings UT3K's have. It's almost like you can see down into the valleys between the hill peaks in the grains. LoPrinzi is the only other Koa I've ever seen that has that same 3D look.

I don't have UAS, I don't have UAS, I don't have UAS.... Think I'll convince myself?

;) LOL... if you had, it would have been redundant. Which would not be a bad thing, though perhaps a bit greedy...

Played & sniffed around on the tenor a few days in a row earlier in the month, but went for the concert. Last I checked, this one is still available... It's not UAS, just auditioning different necks :cool: . For me, the only sure way to know if it works for me is to try it in person, at home...
CollingsAnika_20191002_055824475_2.jpg

higher res:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iXHgw5hFHm6V6JTt5

LOL. But did I make you buy?

Last edited:
;) LOL... if you had, it would have been redundant. Which would not be a bad thing, though perhaps a bit greedy...

Played & sniffed around on the tenor a few days in a row earlier in the month, but went for the concert. Last I checked, this one is still available... It's not UAS, just auditioning different necks :cool: . For me, the only sure way to know if it works for me is to try it in person, at home...

Nice! Looks like the dog approves, too. Enjoy it!

Yes, looks the same in the last post. Makes me wonder if Collings had "X" number of these super high end cases left over and decided to fill them up and move them out. They are so well matched to their ukes I bet they wouldn't fit many other ukes.

Last year (about this same time) I contacted Collings to inquire about getting a new case for my UC3 K and the woman I spoke with indicated they had many leftover cases and I was able to get one for a very nice price. Having said this, I am not sure they had 39 cases Tenor available for this current production run (or how many leftover Concert-sized cases for that matter), so some of these may be newly made cases by TKL, same as before.

As an aside, I dearly love my Collings and am thinking seriously about getting another one while I can. I'd do the same with Santa Cruz (wow, what a great ukulele) and get a second SC uke but they’ve been pretty clear when I've inquired that they are done making ukes. Who knows, this could be Collings' last foray into this kind of instrument production as well.

Nice! Looks like the dog approves, too. Enjoy it!

Photo of uke & dog is of a tenor.
So of course during still-ongoing the wait for the concert on order, other unplanned concerts (& an unplanned tenor) added themselves to the pack... At least none of them are Collings.

"Accidents" happen... Am just rolling with it.

Maybe it's taking a while because the shop has a "bigger" order of multiple instruments from Collings?

Came across this randomly surfing . This Collings UC2 Tenor sounds great .

That's my buddy Douglas Cameron from Toronto, he was the guy I mentioned in the Twisted Woods thread, he owns two of them.

Collings are fabulous instruments. I owned one at one time and now regret selling it as they are no longer being made

That's my buddy Douglas Cameron from Toronto, he was the guy I mentioned in the Twisted Woods thread, he owns two of them.

Collings are fabulous instruments. I owned one at one time and now regret selling it as they are no longer being made
I'm a fan of Douglas Cameron .
And I know he's a fan of Twisted Woods .
But he is sponsored by them .

I'm a fan of Douglas Cameron .
And I know he's a fan of Twisted Woods .
But he is sponsored by them .

Yes he is sponsored by them but he liked the instruments before being offered a sponsorship.

Sorry for high jacking the Collings ukulele thread. The one being played was in stock at the 12th Fret in Toronto. I have played that instrument and a few others they had in stock. Again this was over three years ago before Covid shut everything down

Top Bottom