Stop (Spice Girls)

This one is for Evie, Dave's granddaughter. :)

John, she’ll be turning cartwheels mate!! Thank you soooooo much, she’ll love it!!!! A great job my friend - on creating the video as well...I sure wish *I* could understand how to do that!!
I have no doubt you have just made a friend for life in a young 7 year old, like you have in ME!!!
By the way, I know it was/is/will be your birthday about now, so happy 63rd matey! Hope you have/are having/will have a great one!
Thanks again mate. I’ll send this to her now...

I hope she'll like it! I actually didn't know this song, so it was a fun challenge to see if I could do a rendition of it! Thanks for the birthday wishes, too! Yes, I just turned 63, so I can sing "When I'm 64" one more year! :p

I hope she'll like it! I actually didn't know this song, so it was a fun challenge to see if I could do a rendition of it! Thanks for the birthday wishes, too! Yes, I just turned 63, so I can sing "When I'm 64" one more year! :p

I'm not far behind you matey. I turn 63 on 4th Oct, so we'll have to duet on that 'When I'm 64' sing! lol
The fact that you didn't know 'Stop!' just underlines how much work you put into creating this video for Evie - I can't thank you enough.
I'm sure our fellow members here will love and comment on it too once they've seen it.

Thanks, Joseph! Ha ha! I did think about doing the dance moves for a second... but only a second. :)

Thanks, Brenda, and thanks for the birthday greeting! I've only done a handful of songs from the 2000s, but I'd have to check dates to see which is the most recent song I've tried to cover. I did a Death Cab for Cutie song a few years ago. I tried the song "Suddenly" from the movie "Les Miserables," although I don't know if you'd consider that to be a "pop" song. I think that song was written specifically for the movie. :)

Great fun, John. Reminds me of when the Spice Girls first broke on the scene, and a female friend our age was asked which Spice Girl (Sporty, Scary, Baby, etc.) she identified with. She replied "Old Spice." :)

Bill

Thanks, Bill, and that's a funny anecdote! ;)

Great fun, John. Reminds me of when the Spice Girls first broke on the scene, and a female friend our age was asked which Spice Girl (Sporty, Scary, Baby, etc.) she identified with. She replied "Old Spice." :)

Bill

HaHaHaHa! Used to be my favourite aftershave as a teen Bill, before 'BRUT' took it's place! lol

Excellent John........My daughter was a huge fan of the Spice girls.........I remember taking her to see them in Manchester many years ago. It was like Beatlemania you could not hear a thing! Love your videos, I assume you got a new camera.The quality is excellent as is the audio. Brilliant,
Mike

Excellent John........My daughter was a huge fan of the Spice girls.........I remember taking her to see them in Manchester many years ago. It was like Beatlemania you could not hear a thing! Love your videos, I assume you got a new camera.The quality is excellent as is the audio. Brilliant,
Mike

I agree. Come on John. Share how you created that video. Start a 'How I did it thread...' thread in the appropriate section buddy. WE all need to learn from your expertise. I, for one, would love to do similar - just out of interest and as a hobby - but I still haven't a clue how to begin. Maybe, I'm just old...lol

Thanks, Mike! Although you couldn't hear the Spice Girls, the excitement must have been overwhelming. Regarding my camera, I'm still using the same one. The connecting through the cable doesn't work, but my son showed me how to use the smart card to get the video from the camera to my computer. I had to buy a little device so that my computer could read the smart card. It's an extra step, but at least I didn't have to buy an expensive new camera.

Dave, I first recorded the audio, including all harmony and extra instrumentation, and multitracked everything on GarageBand. After that, I videotaped myself lipsynching each section. That way I didn't have to memorize the entire song, a daunting task since I didn't know this song before starting. I then used Final Cut Express to put the audio track together with all the visual sections. Apple doesn't sell Final Cut Express anymore, forcing everyone to buy Final Cut Pro, so it wouldn't make sense to make a tutorial for Final Cut Express. I'd be glad to show you how I make the videos if you were here, but trying to make a tutorial for the entire process would be a Herculean feat! :p

Haha! It would if you were trying to teach me mate. I'm as dense as two thick planks!!
I'll just enjoy watching and listening to YOUR efforts instead. X

Although not familiar with the song, as usual you made it entertaining. Happy birthday, and happy birthday to Dave also; many happy returns.
Aloha.

Although not familiar with the song, as usual you made it entertaining. Happy birthday, and happy birthday to Dave also; many happy returns.
Aloha.

Thank you for the wishes my friend.

Thanks, luv2uke! I really appreciate it! :)

Happy birthday, young Dave! It's already your birthday here in Japan!

Top Bottom