Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 398 - Ooh La La

Default Season 398 - Ooh La La

Hello all! This week is going to be dedicated to what I am going to call verbal punctuation.

The premise is simple. Whenever my mum and I are on a road trip, or playing cards over a brew, there will be music on, which we will sing along with. The best singing comes from the songs that have got an "oooh", or an "oh", or "la" or "dadada" or something of that ilk. My mum is not a fantastic singer, must be where I get it from, and she'll always overegg the falsetto for comedic effect.

So basically what I want from you fine people this week is a song with some singing in the lyrics that aren't really words, just a way to use your voice as an instrument. Think 500 Miles, think the ending to Dont You Forget About Me, something that you can just belt out. Give me some yeahs, even tack a baby on the end of it if your name is spelt with a y.

Originals welcome as long as they are more imaginative than my effort above. Better yet give me some actual verses for that song.

I'm gonna say scatting doesn't count in this instance.

Normal rules apply. Start is midnight Hawaii time which everyone knows when is, finishes midnight Sunday next week,

1 song per day unless you reaaaaaaally got something good to give me. This may be lifted as I'm actually off work most of the week.

Ukulele front centre and the main part of the performance, vocals aside obviously. Multi tracking is fine but remember this is a uke forum.

If you cant sing, great. This stuff is made for singing as loudly and as horribly as you can muster.

(Bonus points if you can annoy your offspring like I've done. Two weeks at school and hes already a surly teenager)

And dont forget Val is still nobly flying the flag on Season 397 for another day and a half ish.

Playlist will be added when there is stuff to put on it.

OOOOOOOOH YEAH!

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by RAB11; 09-29-2019 at 01:40 AM.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

I'm not sure my voice IS an instrument ... but great idea, Ryan!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Open invitation to yodel ...
    PLAYERS: Martin C1K • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa soprano • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Makala MK-CE concert
    LOOKERS: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by RAB11 View Post
    Give me some yeahs, even tack a baby on the end of it if your name is spelt with a y.
    lynda

bi di bup bup

It was on Ryan's music of the 90's season that Ralf posted this gem. Forgive me! I had to re-post it to this thread so we could all get a chance to witness the awesome power of Ohh La La!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    It was on Ryan's music of the 90's season that Ralf posted this gem. Forgive me! I had to re-post it to this thread so we could all get a chance to witness the awesome power of Ohh La La!

Quite aside from this being one of my favourite videos from that week, this is EXACTLY what I'm after.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Go to your happy place right now!!!
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Any Australian over a certain age will know "ooh mow ma mow mow, ooh mow ma mow mow" as the refrain from the 1969 hit "The Real Thing". A psychedelic goodie from Russell Morris.It was deservedly huge.Nonsense existential lyrics but what a production and catchy hooks.Check out the original if interested.My cover doesn't do it justice. Thanks Ryan!

I guess this one makes sense for this season, here is my take on Mmmbop by Hanson.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Plenty of "la"s in this one.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Thread Information