Season 398 - Ooh La La

How about songs with emphatic "HMMMMM"s? HMMM's are like oooh's and ahh's, they just couldn't afford to but a vowel.

No scatting? Aw man...

Enjoy your time off. Be back soon with something.

HMMS I'll say is fine. Looking forward to seeing what you bring!

You Ain't Going Nowhere was written by Bob Dylan, popularized by the Byrds, and covered by many others. Dylan wrote this one in 1967 in Woodstock, New York, during the self-imposed exile from public appearances that followed his July 29, 1966 motorcycle accident. It's a 3-chord wonder, I played it C Dm F

Last edited:
I've learned a lot this week.
First of all, I played and recorded a song that wasn't for a Season... and I loved it. First time in ages. I also learned a lot about "Digital Audio Workstation" software... through necessity and frustration, I'm learning bit by bit.

I learned that JazzBanjoRex has a nice little website with lots of interesting stuff on it.

I learned that the song I chose already had its own thread right here in the Seasons... About 5 years ago, that same Rex performed it much better than I do here, and inspired a bunch of other Seasonistas to cover it as well...

Most shockingly, I discovered that if you create characters for your video for one week's season, and then you don't use them, they can invade your next video. Darned Knights of the Round Table!

Oh, and I almost forgot. The Corner Bar not only has french fries, they've got cheese fries.

Last edited:
Here's one I'm not allowed to sing to while I'm driving the car... for fear of hyperventilating!

'Fidelity' by Regina Spektor - heaps of fun to sing!

Hi, Ryan!

A long time ago, Wendy and I collab'd this one when she was passing through Raleigh. Time to revisit it.

I did this more in the style of The Waybacks, who recorded it on their excellent debut album. Those guys have/had some playing chops, too ...

I like this song and we did it at my uke group last weekend.

Enjoy!

I know you said only one a day Ryan, but I have been lax this week and am at shows Thursday and Friday nights (John Prine and Van Morrison :drool:), so you're getting two.

Maybe a third later this weekend... If I can't get to it though I'd love to hear anybody's take on Alice in Chains' Man in the Box.

Hello Ryan, and thanks for the week! I have rather taken you at face value and gone all French with the "Ooh La La's" (or, actually, in this case, the "ba da ba da ba da's".) This song comes from a very famous French film which I've never actually seen and which, having read about it, I should now very much like to watch. I hope it meets the criteria.

I didn't manage an entry for Val's week which disappointed me as it was right up my street. Unfortunately my wife was taken ill and spent 3 days in Hospital. She's home now and recovering, but it's a slow process. However, I have managed to get something done today. Lie la lie rather than Ooh la la but there you go.

Here's a cover of Tom Petty's Crawling Back To You. Kind of a Petty deep-cut, and I had never played it until yesterday, which was the 2nd anniversary of Tom's death. I wanted to do one for him. Miss that guy.

Top Bottom