Abbey Road 50th Anniversary release

etudes

Reaction score
I've been anticipating the new mix of The Beatles- Abbey Road for months and received mine on Friday. Doing an AB comparison of the 2019 mix to the 2009 remaster- only about 4 songs in but I'm so impressed with what Giles Martin and Sam Okell have done. The songs sound closer- like they are in the room. The mix somehow has created space where you can hear things that had been buried before- especially vocals. The instrumental break on Come Together rocks harder than it ever has before.

Who else is going down the rabbit hole and enjoying this epic release?

edit: Sorry I meant to drop this discussion in the general area, not guitar discussion. Having said that- The sound of the guitars on "Something" is crazy good, especially the solo which I consider perhaps George's greatest..:)

Last edited:
I love Oh! Darling (Take 4) in the CD2. CD2 and CD3 are not remasters but other takes. All of them are very good.

I love Oh! Darling (Take 4) in the CD2. CD2 and CD3 are not remasters but other takes. All of them are very good.

That is one of my faves too. By the end of the tune Paul seems to have figured out how he wants to sing it! The alternate takes of the side 2 medley are crazy cool. The band sounds just so darn good..

George's voice of Old Brown Shoe is crazy good. That leads to All thing must puss album.

Check out Giles Martin's interview about it on NPRs All Songs Considered.

Check out Giles Martin's interview about it on NPRs All Songs Considered.

That was awesome- we're lucky to have Giles Martin preserving the legacy of his father and the Beatles..

Hi, etudes!

There are only two musicians whom Miles Davis called genius in his biography. One is Jimi Hendrix and one is Tony Williams (figure left). Tony Williams was big fan of Ringo Starr. I thought Ringo should be genius too.

Ringo's drumming in come together is crazy nice. I sang along with CD2 and CD3 this afternoon.

Top Bottom