For Sale: Special Edition Larrivee Parlor P03Z (sitka spruce/African Zebrano)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
While not a uke, this is a great gateway guitar due to its 24" scale. This special edition Larrivee Parlor P03 has a Canadian sitka spruce top with solid African Zebrano back & sides. The 24" scale is super comfortable and yet also sounds SO much bigger than it is. Lots of favorable reviews online.

This particular guitar has less than 60 minutes of play time on it and is in dead mint condition.

I have sold many ukuleles and guitars and everyone has been happy. I have one damaged in shipping and I immediately refunded the buyer's money. And I always offer a 3-day inspection period on anything I sell.

I paid over $1,400 plus import duties as the shop I bought it from was UK-based, so I think all-in it was close to $1,600. Selling for $950 with the original hardsided case, shipped ground CONUS. I'm unable to consider trades as I am already +2 on guitars and about +10 on high end ukes.

So, why the heck am I selling? It has a standard 1-3/4 neck with 2-7/32 string spacing, which are too narrow for my liking. But I loved everything else about this guitar. I previously listed this guitar and then pulled the listing as I contacted Larrivee who thought they could replace the bridge. They had it for a few months and determined that would not work, so we moved to a neck replace. Yet another few months went by and then they said it made no sense given the risk of damage in replacing the neck. They felt badly that this all took so long and offered me a nice deal to build a new one with custom neck (1 7/8 with 2 3/8 string spacing and I added a torch inlay). I recently picked up both guitars and am over the moon with new new one.

Here are a couple of Youtube videos you may find helpful:

https://youtu.be/I2oBC56uPWk

https://youtu.be/qBjFt_QEcnU

Specifications
Back & Sides: African Zebrano
Top: Sitka Spruce
Neck: Mahogany
Headplate: Ebony
Fingerboard: Ebony
Bridge: Ebony
Tuners: Chrome 16:1
Saddle: Bone • Compensated
Nut: Bone
Bridge Pins: Bone w/Black Dots
Case: Hardshell flat top​
Measurements
Scale Length: 24"
Upper Bout: 9.5"
Waist: 7.75"
Lower Bout: 13.25"
Body Depth: 4.5"
Nut Width: 1-3/4"
Saddle Spacing: 2-7/32"​
Details
Finish: Satin
Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
Rosette: Herringbone
Top Purfling: Multi-Strip
Body Binding: Maple
Heel Cap: Maple
Fingerboard Binding: Maple
Bridge Style: Standard
Pick Guard: Tortoise
Finish: Satin​

Congrats on the new custom Larrivie. The one you are selling is quite striking and the example vids sounded excellent.

I need to learn to play the instruments I have. Before I attempt a different one.

Best of luck with the sale.

I've had two Larrivee guitars and loved them both, esp the parlor.
They are now made in Cali, how did you happen to order all the way from the UK?

I've had two Larrivee guitars and loved them both, esp the parlor.
They are now made in Cali, how did you happen to order all the way from the UK?

They are so well executed and have wonderful tone.

I read an interview where Larrivee himself gushed over the qualities of the African zebrano wood and as the zebrano was a limited run, the only one I could find was at a UK-based dealer. Below is what they say on the site (and you can find lots of other luthiers ringing praise for this wood):

June 15, 2018
Untitled-2_f500x500.png

Our custom Zebrano Series, also known as Zebra wood, is an exotic tropical species found in Central Africa. The tonality of Zebrano is closer to Indian Rosewood while offering notable mids that are found more frequently in Mahogany. For appearance, we prefer to select our Zebrano chocolatey brown and pale straw in color. Larrivée has completed several limited Zebrano runs over the years, each just as successful as the last.

When they offered to make me a custom one, my first question was if they had the same body wood and I was so happy that they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom