Thread: Can we have a Stickie "Regional Ukulele Festival Listings"?

Default Can we have a Stickie "Regional Ukulele Festival Listings"?

Do we have one? I could not find it. I always find myself searching the Internet for festival websites in my part of the country. PIA. It'd be nice if we had a sticky.
    Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. Low-G. I named it "Lumière"
    Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol. High-G I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    KLOS Carbon Fiber Tenor Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Ukulele wound Low-G
    Cynthia Lin Performance uke. Concert scale with a cutaway Low-G
    Kala Soprano KA-KCT-S Ziricote fitted with Ernie Ball clear High-G
    Just ordered a tenor sized custom electric uke from Brian Fanner . . . wonder how long ETA. . .

Does this count?

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Get-Togethers

I found it listed in the main list of sections for the UU forum.

Go here to see more https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/forum.php
    -Joe......Have uke, will travel...

I was thinking of just a single page with a list of all the regional festivals. Not many threads with festivals, meetups, groups, etc...
    Solid Mahogany Tiny Tenor from Pepe Romero/Daniel Ho. Low-G. I named it "Lumière"
    Kala Soprano KA-ASOV-S Spruce and Ovangkol. High-G I named "Blood, Sweat, & Tears"
    Just ordered a tenor sized custom electric uke from Brian Fanner . . . wonder how long ETA. . .

Festival Listing ... you can also compile your own list in a similar fashion and post it to either the Regional Get Togethers or Gigs and Shows forum.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

You know, pondering the question a bit more. Allow me to elucidate. A single "thread" named Southern California Get-Togethers would make it very easy to find all the festivals in SoCal. Better yet, if that thread were to become List and then become a "Sticky" . . . well, that would be even easier to find ALL of the festivals in that region - in a single easy to find forum post.

As it is now, someone would have to search through multiple threads, reading each one to find festivals in their region, making a note of each relevant festival, and compiling their own list.

If that were a single post or sticky (not a thread), I'd bookmark it and always refer to it.

Right now, we have 1,807 threads in "Regional Get Togethers" I would imagine we would have 15 to 25 threads or Stickies each identified by region.
    Last edited by cyber3d; 10-28-2019 at 02:42 PM.

The problem with stickies is that as soon as you have more than two or three, they really get in the way of the forum. It gets beyond a joke when you have to scroll past all the stickies to get to the latest forum posts.

Thread Information