Greetings! We're new here!

ztukuleles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can't believe I only just recently found this great forum.

My name is Jason. I run ZT Ukuleles with Zachary Taylor (the mastermind) behind all our ukuleles.

My own personal background is actually classical guitar (Zachary is my teacher of 31 years!), and only got into ukuleles about 6-7 years ago thanks to Zachary.

Would be very interested to hear from you about good websites / forums / facebook groups that I should be joining. I'm particularly looking for recommendations on influencers you think would be good for reviewing our instruments.

Barry Max (gotaukulele) has done an amazing job, and we'd love to know more people like him!

All suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Jason
www.ztukuleles.com

Welcome to UU Jason.
You won't do better than Barry Maz.

Hi there, Jason... I agree, Welcome. Hope you enjoy the open discussions, enthusiasm, and -of course- endless questions that abound.

A few months ago I exchanged some inquiries and pleasantries with Zachary and I became an enthusiastic, "almost" customer. He responded very quickly and clearly was proud of his design and success. (My hesitation because I had just made an expensive uke purchase and funds needed replenishing!)

Regardless I have some suggestions for your/his website. It would be VERY helpful to have some of the standard specifications listed for each of his standard configurations. For example, length, scale length, fret count, width at the nut and body. It would be nice to see a photo gallery that includes the various wood combinations.

One frustration -when I started to mock up an order- was that not all models had the same wood selection options. As an example, I was interested in a Concert but Indian Rosewood was not offered in that size, nor was Koa. In the general descriptions it sounded like all the woods listed could be optioned. Similarly, things like binding and rosettes weren't listed as optional, although a few of the photos showed with and without. Anything you can update to reflect all the options (and price variations) would be helpful.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Pound Sterling versus US Dollar exchange rates and any tarriffs that might come into play, ... but for sure, I'm a likely customer.
Again, welcome.

Hi there, Jason... I agree, Welcome. Hope you enjoy the open discussions, enthusiasm, and -of course- endless questions that abound.

A few months ago I exchanged some inquiries and pleasantries with Zachary and I became an enthusiastic, "almost" customer. He responded very quickly and clearly was proud of his design and success. (My hesitation because I had just made an expensive uke purchase and funds needed replenishing!)

Regardless I have some suggestions for your/his website. It would be VERY helpful to have some of the standard specifications listed for each of his standard configurations. For example, length, scale length, fret count, width at the nut and body. It would be nice to see a photo gallery that includes the various wood combinations.

One frustration -when I started to mock up an order- was that not all models had the same wood selection options. As an example, I was interested in a Concert but Indian Rosewood was not offered in that size, nor was Koa. In the general descriptions it sounded like all the woods listed could be optioned. Similarly, things like binding and rosettes weren't listed as optional, although a few of the photos showed with and without. Anything you can update to reflect all the options (and price variations) would be helpful.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Pound Sterling versus US Dollar exchange rates and any tarriffs that might come into play, ... but for sure, I'm a likely customer.
Again, welcome.

Hi there - thanks for the warm welcome! We have only been in the forum for a few days, and we have been inundated with questions, especially through the new messenger/chat system I have installed on our website which makes communicating with customers super easy!

Regarding your hesitation on purchasing, something we don't advertise on our website yet is we are able to offer a customised payment plan as we know that the desire to own one of our ukuleles is very high, but paying for a £800-£1500 ukulele in one hit is challenging for some! Let me know if you want to discuss that.

As regards suggestions on the website.....we are constantly trying to improve the website, and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks for suggesting to add stats/spec etc - great idea. As for the variety of woods. That was actually an unexpected tech gremlin! All the woods are and were available on all models, but for some reason when you went to the order form it wasn't displaying. Thanks to you, I fixed it right away.

As you have been so helpful, and pointed out issues with our website, I'd like to offer you a deal when you eventually come to order your uke with us. Again, just get in touch. Can you remind me where you are based?

Warm regards,

Jason

As you have been so helpful, and pointed out issues with our website, I'd like to offer you a deal when you eventually come to order your uke with us. Again, just get in touch. Can you remind me where you are based?

Jason

Hi again, Jason. Thanks for looking in to my suggestions, etc. (We) appreciated the feedback! I'm located in the north central part of the US (state of Wisconsin). FWIW, for any forum member you can click on their name/ID and you will be taken to their profile info page. Most of us have supplied location info and some other 'stuff' to help with stereotyping !! :)

I will send you a PM (personal message) with other contact information including an email address. If I contact you through your website messenger I'll also be sure to include my UU moniker, Web_Parrot.

Top Bottom