Kala Elite 1MHG-C Honduan Mahogany Doghair concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Selling this gorgeous Kala Elite 1MHG-C concert ukulele, from their Doghair Collection. A great looking, playing and sounding all solid Honduran mahogany concert uke, made in the USA. The 1.5" nut provides plenty of room for those who need/want that. Exc condition, only 1 tiny ding on the bottom, near the added black strap button. I got this here recently from a UU'er, but am more of a tenor guy lately, so will let this one go to a new home. Martin M600 strings installed. Comes in deluxe Kala gator hardshell case, with all case candy: Certificate of Authenticity, hangtag, and case carry-strap, still in original plastic bag.

Full description and video on the Kala site:

https://kalabrand.com/collections/kala-elite-usa-doghair/products/doghair-mahogany-concert

18.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Last edited:
Great deal on a nice instrument. Surprised this one is still here!

Thanks EDW. These are $649-699 brand new, with only a gigbag, not the nice Kala gator HSC I am including here.

This was mine.
I had a hard time letting it go, but decided to keep its big brother tenor with slim neck.
This one has a 1.5“ nut, beefy Kala neck (though not as big as Pono, I don't think), wonderful tone, a great build, and a tough porefilled satin finish I just adore.
It's the older model with rosewood fretboard and a prettier inlay for the fretboard dots than recent versions (including my tenor, unfortunately).

Tracie, thanks for the comment. Interesting on the rosewood fretboard on this one, vs Pao Ferro on the newer ones. Also, as you said, this one has pretty MOP position dots on the fretboard, while the newer ones apparently have white phenolic (plastic) dots instead.

Here's a short video of this uke. IMO, it sounds outstanding for fingerstyle, it really rings. Unfortunately, that's not my style, I'm more of a strummer/singer.

https://youtu.be/q6OgH2xEuBk

Last edited:
So neck is shallow but wide (sorta like Kanile'a Kanile? as opposed to narrow & deep-ish like Pono?)?
This was mine.
I had a hard time letting it go, but decided to keep its big brother tenor with slim neck.
This one has a 1.5“ nut, beefy Kala neck (though not as big as Pono, I don't think), wonderful tone, a great build, and a tough porefilled satin finish I just adore.
It's the older model with rosewood fretboard and a prettier inlay for the fretboard dots than recent versions (including my tenor, unfortunately).

This non-gloss concert dog hair is still on my radar :) (despite the original post appearing after I finished my most recent buying spree... um, I mean ukulele neck auditions)...
Bump-a-lele, still available

Last edited:
So neck is shallow but wide (sorta like Kanile'a Kanile? as opposed to narrow & deep-ish like Pono?)?

This non-gloss concert dog hair is still on my radar :) (despite the original post appearing after I finished my most recent buying spree... um, I mean ukulele neck auditions)...

I'm here for ya man!

Neck is not as deep as Pono but not as shallow as Kanile'a either.
Yes, same nut width as Kanile'a. John could measure string spread for you.

Agree with Tracie on the neck specs, very comfy. Nut width is 38mm (1.5"), string spread at nut is a generous 31.7mm (from outside of G and A strings), very roomy. By contrast, cheap Asian tenors I have measured are usually 35mm nut, with measly 27-28mm string spreads. Room to move here!

Last edited:
Thanks, LOL... I appreciate that!

I'm here for ya man!

Very helpful! Thank you!
Neck is not as deep as Pono but not as shallow as Kanile'a either.
Yes, same nut width as Kanile'a. John could measure string spread for you.

just curious if you're using a caliper or just a ruler (I don't really care, just wondering if I should be usine one when measuring).
Agree with Tracie on the neck specs, very comfy. Nut width is 38mm (1.5"), string spread at nut is a generous 31.7mm (from outside of G and A strings), very roomy. By contrast, cheap Asian tenors I have measured are usually 35mm nut, with measly 27-28mm string spreads. Room to move hetre!

Thanks, LOL... I appreciate that!

Very helpful! Thank you!

just curious if you're using a caliper or just a ruler (I don't really care, just wondering if I should be usine one when measuring).

I use a digital caliper for my measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom