Enya Music Nova U's starting to ship!

TobyDog

Reaction score
Got an email from them that it's about to ship, label created. Yippee!
I ordered Carbon Black. Can't go wrong with a travel uke for $70.

Awesome! I haven't gotten notice yet.
Looks like that pre-order discount that is no longer active was even better than expected. I just checked the enya-music.com site (for USA) and they're now showing $99.99. So $30 savings for the pre-order.

I appreciate the modern design, even though I lean more towards traditional looking instruments usually.
One of these will probably hit the marketplace here within a week or two. :D

Last edited:
Time to clear out space in the car trunk. The $30 off w free shipping was a tremendous deal. Made it a no brainer to try instead of other plastic or composite ukes for a "take anywhere" uke. Good review from BazMaz preceding release was icing!

The Post Office has it out for delivery now. The uke should be here in a couple of hours.

The Enya blue nova was delivered about 1:30 this afternoon. My wife said everyone will want it because it is so cute. She thought I should have bought several. I have not had a chance yet to tune and play it.

The Enya blue nova was delivered about 1:30 this afternoon. My wife said everyone will want it because it is so cute. She thought I should have bought several. I have not had a chance yet to tune and play it.
Nice!
The blue is my top pick as well. I think the white and black look good too...not into the other colors but I'm sure someone will be.

Shipped from Texas?

Mine was shipped from Houston. It only took a couple of days to be delivered in Indiana.

It's good you ordered when you did because the sale price is gone. It's back up to $100, which is still not bad.

Mine arrives today. Just got the “out for delivery” e-mail. I ordered the model with the transacoustic pickup because it sounded interesting. Will report back as soon as I get it and am able to put a little time on it.

Mine arrives today. Just got the “out for delivery” e-mail. I ordered the model with the transacoustic pickup because it sounded interesting. Will report back as soon as I get it and am able to put a little time on it.

That’s great to hear, pun intended:p

Please do give us a review, especially on what you think of the transacoutic system. I am REALLY interested to get your feedback on that.

Received my black Nova today, nice form fitting foam case. I am 100% happy with it. Flawless finish, really nice sound, much better than I expected. I had a soprano Outdoor uke at one time, as I remember it I like this much more. I'll be happy to play this indoors on my couch, it doesn't need to be relegated to 'traveling'.

Almost forgot... I really like the strings, don't feel a need to change them.

Last edited:
That’s great to hear, pun intended:p

Please do give us a review, especially on what you think of the transacoutic system. I am REALLY interested to get your feedback on that.

I was finally able to open mine just now as it was delivered to my office after I had left for the day and I just got in from some appointments. At first inspection it is like Tobydog stated, the case is a semi-hard foam, form fitting and is definitely a good cut above any of the gig bags that are included with similar ukes in this price range. It also includes a capo, strap and a usb charging cable for those that have the transacoustic system. The action, while definitely playable, is a little high for my taste. It looks like the saddle can be worked to bring it down a bit, though. I'll investigate the possibility tonight, when I am able to give it some time. The height at the nut slot is perfect, so I wouldn't work on anything there. I wouldn't call this a light ukulele, but it is definitely manageable.

From the 10 minutes that I was able to play it, the tone is a little bright, but not shrill. I would not call it warm. It definitely is more along the lines of the soprano outdoor ukulele. This could be in part the result of the stock strings and the side port directing more sound at you. The jury will be out on that until further experimentation can be done. Being that this will be the uke that I keep in my jeep, I'll work through the stock strings first. They feel fine and have a nice enough sound.

As far as the transacoustic system goes, it definitely adds another dimension to everything. The reverb and chorus sounds are nice and can be dialed in to taste. As with the acoustic sound of the uke, the sound is bright as it is being broadcast through the same body. Even with that, it is quite cool to be able to have effects on an acoustic instrument. Having some delay would have made it even better, but maybe that will be included in a future release. It definitely isn't a deal breaker by any means. I'll try and provide some sound samples when time allows for those interested. May not be the most sophisticated production, but it'll be something.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this one, moreso than any other similar ones that I've experimented with in my quest for a travel or car uke. I'll report back once I am able to get more familiar with it.

I was finally able to open mine just now as it was delivered to my office after I had left for the day and I just got in from some appointments. At first inspection it is like Tobydog stated, the case is a semi-hard foam, form fitting and is definitely a good cut above any of the gig bags that are included with similar ukes in this price range. It also includes a capo, strap and a usb charging cable for those that have the transacoustic system. The action, while definitely playable, is a little high for my taste. It looks like the saddle can be worked to bring it down a bit, though. I'll investigate the possibility tonight, when I am able to give it some time. The height at the nut slot is perfect, so I wouldn't work on anything there. I wouldn't call this a light ukulele, but it is definitely manageable.

From the 10 minutes that I was able to play it, the tone is a little bright, but not shrill. I would not call it warm. It definitely is more along the lines of the soprano outdoor ukulele. This could be in part the result of the stock strings and the side port directing more sound at you. The jury will be out on that until further experimentation can be done. Being that this will be the uke that I keep in my jeep, I'll work through the stock strings first. They feel fine and have a nice enough sound.

As far as the transacoustic system goes, it definitely adds another dimension to everything. The reverb and chorus sounds are nice and can be dialed in to taste. As with the acoustic sound of the uke, the sound is bright as it is being broadcast through the same body. Even with that, it is quite cool to be able to have effects on an acoustic instrument. Having some delay would have made it even better, but maybe that will be included in a future release. It definitely isn't a deal breaker by any means. I'll try and provide some sound samples when time allows for those interested. May not be the most sophisticated production, but it'll be something.

All in all, I am very satisfied with this one, moreso than any other similar ones that I've experimented with in my quest for a travel or car uke. I'll report back once I am able to get more familiar with it.

Thank you for the excellent detailed review and congratulations on your new Jeep uke. I had heard the sound sample of the trans acoustic system on You Tube and your description matches what I heard very well. I own two Enya X1 ukuleles, the HPL ones and the workmanship is excellent along with the first class gig bag and assorted goodies.

I appreciate you describing the tone because that is an important part of all instruments. Although I am not a big fan of “bright” it is better then dull and tubby like some plastic ukes sound. Bright is can always be softened with different strings.

Received mine today. A few observations... Case is more rigid than soft. The "foam" feels like a very rigid styrofoam food box. Zipper is not smooth working but the matching case, capo, and strap are nice additions. Second set of strings are included and Enya provides more strings for free upon request. Strings feel a little tighter than on my other concert ukes (fluorocarbons on my others). Bottom edge is comfortable due to "rounding" of the edges... not so true on my Flight TUS35 where the edge feels sharper. Sound is decent for its purpose... it does not compete with my solid wood uke (and, of course, more expensive) or my Clara, but it is good enough for a car uke. It would serve well as an introductory uke too.

A few pics:

untitled-2009.jpg

untitled-2011.jpg

untitled-2015.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I received mine today, surprisingly, it’s louder than Enya HPL X1M, really happy with the sound. The setup really comfortable. Compare to Flight TUS35, the tone is brighter, and no plastic boomy sound, and I prefer the sound of this Enya compare to flea concert too. I will bring the uke on the next jam.

Hi Dave,

I received mine today, surprisingly, it’s louder than Enya HPL X1M, really happy with the sound. The setup really comfortable. Compare to Flight TUS35, the tone is brighter, and no plastic boomy sound, and I prefer the sound of this Enya compare to flea concert too. I will bring the uke on the next jam.

Hey I am glad you are so happy with it and thanks for letting me know you got one. I am looking forward to the next uke jam and the opportunity to play this. Tim will be very curious about it to, he is the king of “plastic” ukes.

Top Bottom