NUD: I won a TyDe Learner Soprano!

ghostrdr

Reaction score
I went to the L.A. Intl. Ukulele festival and entered the raffle. I really was hoping for the KoAloha Soprano or one of the Kanile'a tenors, but to my surprise, I found out the day after, that I won this awesome TyDe Learner Soprano! Thanks Mitch for arranging delivery with me!

I usually play Tenors or Concerts, so I was a little surprised at this little uke. She is very loud and punchy! More than that, she smells good and just feels good. All of the edges are smooth and everything on the uke just feels soft, comfortable and inviting. I think the sides are cherry and the top and back are walnut. It is a little hard to smash my large fingers on the higher frets for certain chords, but she's a real kick.

Maybe this is the Universe's way of telling me I could start memorizing the fretboard and the circle of fifths.

I know, pictures or it didn't happen.

Cheers!
Rich

IMG_7838.jpg

I tried to say I was you. But, they didn't buy it! LOL. Congrats. They are very cool little instruments!

Winner winner chicken dinner:p

Congratulations and how cool is it to actually win something. I prefer tenor and baritone but also own and play sopranos. It’s nice to mix it up a bit, have fun with your new beauty.

That's awesome! The sound samples of those I've heard on HMS are incredible.

How fun. I won a uke at a festival once, and it was such a treat. Enjoy yours. I saw the Tyde ukes at the LA festival last year, and they are really nice. Very unique. The LA festival was a blast last year. This year I'm going to TBUG in Tampa.

Congratulations on winning a great ukulele!

That's a killer uke. Congratulations!

Thanks Everyone! I’m not much of a soprano guy, but the instrument is easy to grab and the satin finish and rounded edges all around make it comfortable to pick up and play. And it is loud. Funny, I probably never would have thought to buy this on my own, but as a result of a happy set of circumstances, I am enjoying strumming it and I think it actually is accelerating my learning notes on the fretboard.

Congratulations! Great win!

I usually win a ham or a Powerball ticket. Or, something like that...

Top Bottom