Hello from Arkansas!

LadyShamen

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm a new player from Arkansas. Like, totally new. I got my ukulele about a week ago and have been messing around with it every chance I get. I, personally, have no strings background. I played clarinet in school 10+ years ago, but haven't done anything musically inclined since then. My husband plays guitar, bass, and some percussion, and gave me the umph I needed to try to learn this new skill when we were messing around with our daughter's toy guitar and wondering if we could make it a legit instrument (hint: we couldn't, she still loves it though).

I got an Amahi concert as a starter and it's been lovely so far.

Attachments

• 20190929_181851.jpg
    20190929_181851.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
Very warm welcome to UU, LadyShamen, that’s a nice ukulele.

My advice (if that’s ok) would be to get a one hour private lesson per week if you can afford it. It‘ll really help you to stay motivated and structured in the long run, give you yourself long term objectives and helps keep your progress in perspective.

It’s kind of cool to know that, for example, at Christmas you will definitely have a certain level.

Also you’ll have a lot more questions to ask your husband.
Good luck!

Welcome to the underground! Don't tell your hubs, but ukulele is less work and more fun than guitar. Uke and guitar do sound good together, so maybe y'all can play duets before long!

Top Bottom