What?

Henning

Reaction score
Hello, I´m in the position of being able to buy a Pearl river u-10. Has anybody heard of that brand?
It´s a Chinese made ukulele(?) with a soprano body whith 20 frets where the neck is attached to the body at the 17th(!) fret. It has a solid spruce top but
unfortunately, it is seriously beaten up.

Best regards Henning

Last edited:
Never heard of that brand, but saw this one, which is a 12 fret soprano, previously available on Amazon. An old thread here said that Pearl River is a Chinese brand for the
US, sold elsewhere as Kapok.

20191002_121636.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191002-120954_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191002-120954_Chrome.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks John, the one I refer to I think is (or rather was originally) a better quality instrument. The headstock is shaped like the traditional ukulele from the 1920s. The top of the bridge had some decoration in the same way as fine guitars have with a pattern made in the same manner as the moric mosaic ring. Unfortunately the top is broken and the back is cracked in at least two long cracks. It looks more then a little awkward as the neck is way far too long to the tiny soprano body. Not to mention that it looks like The Who could have had it on one of their "concerts".:confused:
All in all it has 20 frets.

at one time there were very long neck sopranos with basically a Tenor neck/fretboard attached
to a soprano Body. I believe Koaloha and Ohana offered these. This one may be a clone. :)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom