Does anyone make a baritone string set for C tuning?

Captain Simian

Reaction score
I guess the subject line tells you what I’m looking for. I was going to order some Southcoast but for some reason I can’t find the order page on their site.

And I just realized I posted in the wrong forum. Can a moderator please post this where it belongs? Thanks.

Sure. If you Google "baritone gcea strings" you'll find several brands. Southcoast was a great option but they are no longer in business after the death of their owner Dirk.

If you're after the Southcoast sound, I'd recommend trying Living Water or PhD first

I think I’ve read that Kala supplies gcea baritone strings. I’m interested to know, as a ‘C’ tuned baritone is on my wish list.

I second the recommendation for PHDs or Living Waters.......both excellent bari gcea string sets

MyaMoe has a Baritone strings tuned GCEA, I have used them for super tenors and am quite happy with them.

Sure. If you Google "baritone gcea strings" you'll find several brands. Southcoast was a great option but they are no longer in business after the death of their owner Dirk.

If you're after the Southcoast sound, I'd recommend trying Living Water or PhD first

Oh jeez, I was unaware that Dirk passed away. He was always kind and patient with me.

A friend of mine hooked me up with some Aquila Black bari high G sets. It’s always good to have a friend who manages a music store. Thanks for the suggestions.

They compare baritone strings on the latest podcast from Hawaii Music Supply. They had a GCEA set that sounded great. I think it was a Uke Logic set but I am not sure.

You are correct; Uke Logic. Put together by Joel of HMS, Corey and Britini comment positively on it.
Here is the link; at 32:30

Top Bottom