What happened to Imua ukes?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
Are the still being made? Anybody know. HMS was selling for awhile and did video’s. Just curious!

I saw some used Imua ukes at Ala Moana Shopping Center, lower level, beach side,
at a shop called Eco Town specializing in used merchandise (consignment?).
anyway, a good selection of ukes of all grades and values.

I bought a used Tangi concert low G and got a Koaloha hard case for it :)
I liked the mellow tone and low volume for more personal playing or in smaller
groups.

keep uke'in',

They are still available in several european online shops.

I never tried one, but based on sound samples they are a bit on the quiet, mellow side compared to what I am looking for in my next uke.

A pity, because they look absolutely stunning, and there is one for sale second hand in my town that would be an excellent chance to buy a hawaiian uke in Denmark. No danish stores sell hawaiian ukes.

Ok, great and interesting. I was just curious as I don’t see the, coming up much and haven’t see any on MHS, Elderly, Uke republic sites in a long time. Thanks for reply’s.

Hey M3, I don't have any new info on iMua but I did have a PM reply for you, but your Inbox is full

don't know details but there are no more Imua ukes being built...the company no longer exist

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. I will see about clearing out my in box. Hope to get your message soon.
Cheers
M3

Here is a video from The Ukulele Site with Jorma Winkler explaining (or hinting at) what happened to Imua Ukulele as well as his "Big Island" brand, with the latter being taken over by another company and Imua being "put on hold" around 2018:

https://vimeo.com/388085454

Good video. I missed that one. Pretty much says where they are at, not! Looks like at current time jigs and moulds are in a container.

Maybe in future. I’m sure it’s a difficult market to penetrate and set up production in. Competition is tight. The four K brands have been at it a long time.

Also, as said “ I’m a wood head”. Ha ha.

Top Bottom