I'm always amazed

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Whenever I meet with ukelelists I am always amazed, either at someones playing (witnessed Abe Legrimas Jnr IRL this past weekend) or in this case, a truly unqiue builder who simply does not conform to any of the norms of building - apart from the visual and craft genius of the piece, it is a perfect composition of small, well thought-out interlinked ideas that totally work together to form an incredible organic piece of work - just see what he uses for position markers!

Canadians! What are they like eh? Show us all a thing or two....

Last edited:
Stunning! A work of art, indeed!

John Colter

Good video Pete. I've run across his web site before but you don't get the same sense of depth and "texture" as this showed.
https://www.rayvincent.ca/

Beautiful, but I'm the video police... never ever shoot a video with the phone upright, always shoot with the phone sideways to maximize what is seen. Look how much is cut off on both sides.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

So glad you posted this interview. I was curious about this instrument, now the construction makes as much marvelous sense as the design.

Top Bottom