Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season 399 - Bella Italia

Very many thanks for a great week, Ylle ...attempting to be Italian was fun! And congrats to Alan ... a worthy winner!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

wonderful season, fabulous hosting, and huge congrats to alan!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Quote Originally Posted by uke4ia View Post
    The Italian prog rock band Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) is one of my all-time favorite bands. This is the title song from an album they did based on the story of Ulysses (Homer, not James Joyce). One of the fun parts of doing a video of a PFM song is when an Italian viewer comments on how bad my pronunciation of Italian is. Mea culpa, mio amico.

"Cambiera" means "It will change". I think.

Yay! PFM!

An Italian student lived with my family when I was a senior in high school. He was a huge prog rock fan (Yes and Genesis were his favorite bands), and he brought a PFM album, "Per un amico," with him. I thought it was terrific.

Several years later, I found the English-language version of the album, "Photos of Ghosts," with lyrics by Pete Sinfield of ELP and King Crimson. The lyrics were pretty pedestrian. And even though I didn't understand the Italian lyrics, they fit better than Sinfield's.

I'm sure I could find the Italian tracks somewhere now. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories.
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I'm really surprised, shocked and stunned. Thank you very much!
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thanks Ylle, for the opportunity to get back into the SOTU. I'm really upset that I couldn't do my Dean Martin "Things We Used TO Do" as I had lots of prob's getting a recording. However I'm diligently working on getting a better way to post with my computer problems.

The fun thing about SOTU is the hours of practice I have to put in to get a song acceptable. The Big Zebra is fun to play and of course I fit the Skinny Tenor in as well as they sound a lot alike. Even if I don't get a song up for the Season, it's fun to play and imagine that I can.

A big shout out to BEVMU for her cat thing, very neat! AlanD, great Dino. Many great songs and performances this week.

Great week and perfect hosting Ylle - thanks so much - and what a prize! Congrats to Alan - fully deserved! Apologies for my limited participation- my ongoing internet issues apparently won’t be resolved for at least a couple of weeks - oh joy!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Quote Originally Posted by JackLuis View Post
    A big shout out to BEVMU for her cat thing, very neat!
    thank you! housecat is so gorgeous, it was a delight to draw him!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Thank you all for your kind comments! This week reminded me again, how much fun hosting can be.

A heart warming wrap up and a real good decision from your mother. Hope to hear another sounds from Alan!

Thread Information