Fred Shields Soprano

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Really interesting Fred Shields Soprano design listed on the Face Book Ukulele Marketplace. (You have to join, for free, to be able to respond to listed items or list your own.)

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/530454921044868/

I've never seen one of these by him. Anybody have any experience with them? It looks really cool! Love the head stock.

Photo is from the listing. Click to enlarge.

72097189_10216698492628791_4626966756152311808_n.jpg

Last edited:
It looks something like a Martin mandolin. That uke is so cool looking. I wonder what it sounds like.

Really interesting Fred Shields Soprano design listed on the Face Book Ukulele Marketplace. (You have to join, for free, to be able to respond to listed items or list your own.)

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/530454921044868/

I've never seen one of these by him. Anybody have any experience with them? It looks really cool! Love the head stock.

Photo is from the listing. Click to enlarge.

View attachment 121867

Hi Kenn,

The Fred Shields uke is mine; I listed it on the Ukulele Marketplace on FB. It's a beautiful instrument and sounds as sweet as it looks; has a lot of volume, too.

I had Fred custom build this for me and he did a wonderful job. I've been very meticulous in the care of this ukulele (as with all my instruments). Have moved on, however, to the Irish Tin Whistle and find myself playing that more than my ukulele these days.

Fred sells his ukuleles out of music shops, too. http://haleukulele.com/ukuleles

Kathy

Hi Kenn,

The Fred Shields uke is mine; I listed it on the Ukulele Marketplace on FB. It's a beautiful instrument and sounds as sweet as it looks; has a lot of volume, too.

I had Fred custom build this for me and he did a wonderful job. I've been very meticulous in the care of this ukulele (as with all my instruments). Have moved on, however, to the Irish Tin Whistle and find myself playing that more than my ukulele these days.

Fred sells his ukuleles out of music shops, too. http://haleukulele.com/ukuleles

Kathy

Hi Kathy thanks for the information. It looks and sounds great! Lovely tone. Amazing volume from Fred's instruments. Great craftsmanship. Unfortunately, I only play tenors. Otherwise, I would have snapped it up. Very attractive price.

Hi Kathy thanks for the information. It looks and sounds great! Lovely tone. Amazing volume from Fred's instruments. Great craftsmanship. Unfortunately, I only play tenors. Otherwise, I would have snapped it up. Very attractive price.

Thanks for inquiring, Kenn.

Top Bottom