FS: Ken Timms soprano, 2 Koaloha ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx725

Reaction score
Finally decided to downsize as I've got more ukes than time to play. Listing the first three of five I'm letting go. More photos + details upon request. Paypal F&F preferred, or add 3% for fees.

Ken Timms soprano - gorgeous wood, hardcase included. SOLD

NEW PRICE: $540 + CONUS shipping. Excellent condition Koaloha KSM-02 long neck koa soprano - June 2014 build date. Comes with black Kaces case. $600 + CONUS shipping

NEW PRICE: $450 + CONUS shipping. Excellent condition Koaloha KCM-00 mahogany concert - March 2018 build date. Factory special. Stored in a hard case but selling without - $500 + CONUS shipping

Send me a message and thanks for looking!

Ken Timms soprano below.

Attachments

• 20191007_171040.jpg
    20191007_171040.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 20191007_170541.jpg
    20191007_170541.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 20191007_170623.jpg
    20191007_170623.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 20191007_170607.jpg
    20191007_170607.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Koaloha KCM-00 MH

20191007_174443.jpg20191007_170224.jpg20191007_170351.jpg20191007_170336.jpg20191007_170232.jpg

Last edited:
Is that Timms a mahogany? Sure is wavy pretty grain!

Wow, Onyx. If these are the first three of five ukuleles being sold, I can't wait to see what your final two are. I’m already drooling over the first ones. :)

Is that Timms a mahogany? Sure is wavy pretty grain!

Yes, this is mahogany. The wavy lines have an almost holographic appearance. This one is more stunning than what the photos can capture!

What's a "Factory special"?

Some factories mark certain ukes as factory special due to some cosmetic imperfections. This one has finish imperefections on the sides (see last two pictures) that is hard to photograph but appear as crease on the waist.

Some factories mark certain ukes as factory special due to some cosmetic imperfections. This one has finish imperefections on the sides (see last two pictures) that is hard to photograph but appear as crease on the waist.

That's interesting. I've worked with musical instruments most of my life and have never heard of a factory second referred to as a factory special before. I suppose that "special" sounds a little better than "second".

Amazing isn’t it!

That Timms is an excellent deal! Someone should grab it quick!

Koaloha “factory specials” are not seconds. They are one-offs or limited run models that they offer from time to time, typically with different wood combos, in this case all mahogany. Their seconds are clearly marked and sold as seconds.

KoAloha Factory Special = cosmetic second/blemish model
KoAloha Special Issue = one off build or limited run

Here is a factory special HMS sold explaining its a blem model https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-concert-koa-ukulele-kcm-00-fs-1.html

I previously owned one and it was fantastic, had a few finish issues but was exactly the same playability and tone as the same non factory special kcm. A real value when they are available.

Last edited:
My bad. I stand corrected!
KoAloha Factory Special = cosmetic second/blemish model
KoAloha Special Issue = one off build or limited run

Here is a factory special HMS sold explaining its a blem model https://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-concert-koa-ukulele-kcm-00-fs-1.html

I previously owned one and it was fantastic, had a few finish issues but was exactly the same playability and tone as the same non factory special kcm. A real value when they are available.

Thanks for making the distinction. I believe, too that the MH (mahogany) line is a limited-run model. When I visited the factory last spring, Paul Okami said Koaloha is no longer making ‘hog ukes.

Thanks for making the distinction. I believe, too that the MH (mahogany) line is a limited-run model. When I visited the factory last spring, Paul Okami said Koaloha is no longer making ‘hog ukes.

Makes me want it more! I prefer hog over Koa.

Last edited:
Ken Timms uke is SOLD. Koaloha LN sop and Koaloha ‘hog still available.

New price for the weekend!

Koaloha KSM-02 longneck koa concert- $575 + CONUS shipping. In excellent condition.

Koaloha KCM-00 MH concert mahogany - $475 + CONUS shipping. In excellent condition.

I'm going to guess that both Koalohas have 1-1/2" nut width?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom