FS: Ken Timms soprano, 2 Koaloha ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess that both Koalohas have 1-1/2" nut width?

I just measured them and the concert is 38mm at the nut (1.5") and the long neck soprano is 37mm. Very close. Both very comfortable necks.

I just measured them and the concert is 38mm at the nut (1.5") and the long neck soprano is 37mm. Very close. Both very comfortable necks.

Huh! Did Koaloha change their necks along the way?
The concert I had was definitely more slender than that.

Huh! Did Koaloha change their necks along the way?
The concert I had was definitely more slender than that.

Not sure if Koaloha changed their nut specs. Definitely not as slim as both my Kamaka HF-2 concert and long neck pineapple soprano (nut measured at 35mm), which are also shallower. The Koalohas are definitely more slender neck-wise than the Kanile’a K1-C I had before.

Last edited:
I looked for videos of the mahogany concert and had little success. Do you have any links to your uke or the same model?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure UkuleleEddy has the long neck sop in hog and he says he likes it better than the koas. While that's of course objective, he's owned enough nice ukes that I think that's worth something.

New price bump!

NEW PRICE: $540 + CONUS shipping. Excellent condition Koaloha KSM-02 long neck koa soprano - June 2014 build date. Comes with black Kaces case.

NEW PRICE: $450 + CONUS shipping. Excellent condition Koaloha KCM-00 mahogany concert - March 2018 build date. Factory special. Stored in a hard case but selling without.

Message me for any questions.

Do you know about how much shipping would be to southern California for the Koaloha KSM-02 long neck soprano?

That mahogany sounds terrific! Good luck

That mahogany sounds terrific! Good luck

Yes, it truly does. I find that Koaloha ukes have that trademark percussive tone in all their models - at least the ones that I have regardless of the tonewood (koa, mahogany and acacia).

Thanks EDW

Koaloha KCM-00 is sold. Thanks UU and F!

Closing this thread and will open a new one for the KSM-02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom