Kala KA-ASFM-T-C Flame Maple Tenor, Misi Pickup, Archtop Hardcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanmoon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kala KA-ASFM-T-C All solid Flame Maple with slothead, cutaway, and with Misi pickup. Purchased recently from HMS about two month agos (they did the setup and pickup install). I like the sound of this uke, but , I find the neck a bit thick, and I can an Anuenue Moon Bird Tenor I play more shortly after purchasing this. Includes kala archtop hard case. I've only played this 2 or 3 times Between the case and the pickup I have about $756 in this practically new uke. Link to HMS Video of this model here.
$365 shipped continental US - thats like getting a free hardcase and fee pickup installation, around half of what you would pay new!
My video of this uke is here: https://youtu.be/bhDJlvtNh5E

Last edited:
Wow! Great price for this lovely tenor. Sounds great too.

Hey Shanmoon, wow is this that same Kala I mentioned a few months ago from HMS that you were looking for? If so, I would agree, it sounds lovely but I also found the neck too thick. Lovely instrument, I guess you'd rather sell here than to return back to HMS since I think their return policy is something like 5 days. : (

Yeah. I dithererd too long on keeping it because I really love the sound, but I've gotten spoiled by the thin neck on my Kanile'a and Anuenue. I feel bad about not playing it much because it is a nice uke.

Last edited:
Is the neck thicker than a Flea/Fluke?

I've never played a Fluke or Flea, so I couldn't say. It is a little thicker than my Firefly Concert Banjolele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom